Learn to Investigate, Detect, and Prevent Fraud
Stevenson University Online’s Master of Science in Forensic Accounting prepares students for careers in investigative accounting and fraud prevention. As organizations move to comply with stricter laws, regulations, and evolving professional auditing standards, the demand for accountants and auditors is expected grow 6 percent through 2031, opening up more than 81,000 new positions.
Earning an online Master’s in Forensic Accounting degree will help you qualify for new career opportunities in this growing industry. Our fully online forensic accounting master’s program trains accounting professionals to assess fraud risk and the adequacy of internal control structures, evaluate financial evidence, and effectively communicate their findings, analysis, and conclusions during legal proceedings. With intentionally designed courses taught by accomplished faculty with real-world experience, you can be confident your Master’s in Forensic Science from Stevenson University Online will prepare you meet the industry’s high standards.
Complete in as Few as 18 Months
Acquire the Specialized Skills Employers Want
From public and private practices to leading corporations and government agencies, forensic accountants and auditors serve critical roles in a variety of organizations.
Graduates of our online Master’s in Forensic Accounting program will gain the skills to excel in:
- Examining financial statements for false and/or misleading statements
- Assessing fraud risk and adequacy of internal control structures
- Evaluating financial evidence
- Synthesizing accounting, auditing, computer, and investigative analysis into coherent, defensible conclusions
- Effectively communicating findings, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations, orally and in writing
Top Careers for Legal Studies Graduates
Graduates from our forensic accounting online program can pursue careers such as:
- Forensic Accountants
- Business Valuation Experts
- Fraud Examiners
Ranked Best for Working Professionals
Best Online Master’s in Forensic Accounting
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master’s in Forensic Accounting program.
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Undergraduate major in Accounting OR advanced coursework/professional work experience in Accounting.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
$695.00 Per Credit
$2,085.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your online master’s degree by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
- Fraud: Accounting
- Investigation and Analysis: Auditing
- Investigation and Analysis: Tax
- Business Valuation
- Litigation Theory and Practice
Forensic Accounting Certificate Options
Stevenson also offers a fully-online graduate certificate for those interested in advancing their career in Forensic Accounting.
- Forensic Accounting (18 credit hours)
Other Legal, Criminal Justice, and Forensic Programs
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics
- Forensic Accounting
- Forensic Investigation
- Forensic Science
- Forensic Studies
Proud member of the FBI National Academy Associates (FBINAA) Academic Alliance