Explore Our Bachelors in Criminal Justice Online Degree
Stevenson University Online’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice is designed for working adults who want to pursue a career in improving the quality of justice through education, research, and public service. Professionals in Stevenson’s online Criminal Justice bachelor program will learn through a targeted mix of compelling online classes designed to prepare them for careers in education, research, or public service.
Students will learn how justice is administered locally, nationally, and globally in order to understand and confront the fundamental issues of criminal justice we face as professionals and involved citizens.
The curriculum for the online bachelors degree in criminal justice combines theory with practice, requiring courses in psychology, sociology, law, technology, and criminal justice. Designed for working professionals, this program is offered fully online in 8-week sessions.
Law Enforcement Administration Area of Focus (optional)
Stevenson offers focused electives designed for practicing or aspiring criminal justice professionals who want to enhance their knowledge of law enforcement management and leadership. Through taking these optional courses, students in the Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice online program will examine human resources dilemmas and integrate management theory and behavioral concepts as they relate to modern organizations. These courses emphasize analysis and synthesis of approaches to management within a criminal justice agency or organization.
Choosing the right university for your online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice is an important investment in your future.
- Convenient, online sessions for working adults
- Personalized attention and accomplished faculty with real world experience
- Career-focused programs that provide specialized skills for growing industries
- Accessible and affordable with financial aid options
- Completed online application.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- At least 15 transferable credits.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
|Per Course (3-Credits)||$1,350.00|
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
- We offer financial aid packages to those who qualify.
- Stevenson University will accept a maximum of 70 undergraduate transfer credits from a regionally accredited community college and 90 undergraduate credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution.
Credit for Prior Learning
Through Stevenson University’s Credit for Prior Learning Program, undergraduate students are eligible to earn up to 30 credits for what they have learned through their previous work and life experiences. Stevenson University Online offers several options for assessing and awarding college credit for prior learning. For more information, visit our Credit for Prior Learning page.
Careers for Criminal Justice Graduates
Graduates from the Online Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice can pursue careers in several fields including:
- Police Officer
- Forensic Investigator
- Claims Adjuster
- Private Detective
- Pretrial Officer
Some of the Courses You Could Take
Students in the Bachelors in Criminal Justice Online program can choose from a wide variety of courses including:
- LAW 204 Constitutional Law
- LAW 215 Criminal Law
- LAW 322 Criminal Investigation
- CJUS 275 Corrections
- CJUS 280 Law Enforcement
- CJUS 285 Criminology
- CJUS 385 Research Methods in Criminal Justice