Flexible Online Teacher Preparation for National Board Certification
Our First Cohort to Start Fall 2023
Move towards your National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) Certification while teaching with Stevenson University’s fully online National Board Certification Cohort and Mentorship program. Our flexible program provides instruction and individualized guidance through each requirement for National Board Certification. Throughout the program, you’ll receive comprehensive portfolio feedback, extensive collaboration with peers, and continuous support from a NBPTS certified teacher mentor. This online program offers the flexibility needed to complete National Board Certification while teaching.
The National Board certification process is designed to collect standards-based evidence of accomplished practice. The cohort is designed to meet four required components for certification. These components are:
- Component 1: Content Knowledge
- Component 2: Differentiation in Instruction
- Component 3: Teaching Practice and Learning Environment
- Component 4: Effective and Reflective Practitioner
- $10,000 salary increase for Maryland teachers who achieve and maintain NBPTS certification.
- Certification can be completed in less than two years.
- National Board course credits can be used toward Stevenson’s online MEd in Integrative Learning and Master’s in Community-Based Education and Leadership programs.
- Personalized support to help you balance your life with your coursework.
Admission & Tuition
Eligibility: Educators with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university are eligible to apply. Please contact Courtney Parto, Enrollment Counselor, at 443-352-5016 or firstname.lastname@example.org for Admissions Requirements.
No Application Fee
Application Deadline: August 11, 2023
Cohort Start: August 28, 2023
Total Cost: $5,555 ($505 per credit)
Foundations of National Board Certification
(Course 1 – Fall 2023)
Content Knowledge Assessment
(Course 2 – Spring 2024)
begin component 4
(PLF 1 – Summer 2024)
Work with mentor
to complete Component 4
Analysis of Teaching Practices
(Course 3 – Fall 2024)
(PLF 2 – Spring 2025)
Complete or resubmit