Find Your Role at SU
Stevenson offers its employees a tight-knit, supportive community in which to work and grow professionally. We offer exceptional opportunities in a workplace that values excellence, collegiality, and diversity and believe in the importance of investing in our employees and provide continuous learning – both in the workplace and in the classroom
The Stevenson Culture
At Stevenson, we strive to achieve an environment and an atmosphere that supports, challenges, and inspires every individual on campus. Learn how the Stevenson Way makes this effort possible and how you can be a part of it.
Discover Stevenson: A Great Place to Work
Energetic? A team player? Want to make a difference?
If this describes you, we invite you to learn about careers at Stevenson University.
Join the more than 900 people who work at our dynamic, thriving university. Their talent, initiative, and hard work have made Stevenson a national leader. Three times since 2009, the University has been named an “Up and Coming University” in the U.S. News & World Report, “America’s Best Colleges” edition.
U.S. News & World Report also named Stevenson:
- “Best Baccalaureate Colleges” in the northern region
- “Great Schools, Great Prices” for providing an excellent value to our more than 4,400 students pursuing bachelor’s, accelerated bachelor’s, and master’s degrees
In addition to an exciting, fast-paced workplace, our employees receive outstanding, generous benefits:
- Health and wellness coverage for employees and their families
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Professional development opportunities
- And much more
If this sounds like a good fit for you, take the next step. Apply through our easy-to-use online system. New positions are posted daily. Check often–you will need to apply for each position that interests you.
Discover the Stevenson Way
At Stevenson, we have created a robust culture for all University members-faculty, staff, and students and their parents alike-by sharing and perpetuating our four values: community, learning, integrity, and excellence. These values comprise the Stevenson Way.
Promoting a Sense of Community: Stevenson’s values are primarily manifested through the existence of a community because it is only through the sharing of values that a community is formed. Without the direct engagement of faculty and staff, no community will be formed. By demonstrating and promoting community, each person inspires others to do the same. A sense of community is generated throughout numerous annual events, from cultural and athletic to academic and social, including sporting contests, Convocation, Commencement, and happy hours.
Fostering Learning: At Stevenson, learning is, by necessity, at the heart of the University’s culture, and the student must always be at the center of the learning process. Learning involves sharing not only facts and information but also meaning and distinctions. Community members constantly strive to grow so that they can impart what they have learned. Effective teaching is necessary for Stevenson to meet its goals–not just inside the classroom through theory, but outside through mentoring and practice. Every moment at Stevenson can be a teachable one for those who embrace this value.
Instilling Integrity: Integrity drives the ability to influence others and transform the world. Without authenticity, integrity is a word, not a value. To remain authentic, people need to be just as willing to offer positive feedback as to admit their own mistakes. “Honesty” is another key word to use in examining the value of integrity. Only by being honest in all endeavors—whether personal, with others, and in the work done inside and outside the classroom–can a person truly maintain integrity. Both our ability to shape the learning process and our value to the community are based on the authenticity that springs from our integrity.
Achieving Excellence: Stevenson’s quest for excellence creates a sense of energy throughout the community. Being effective teachers and leaders, much less making an impact on the world, requires a commitment to striving toward being the best in all efforts. Achieving excellence strengthens character and can motivate others to share the University’s promise to impart a career-driven, liberal arts oriented education. To deliver this end result, all community members must be committed to promoting the principles of education, diversity, and practical experience. Stevenson encourages excellence by illustrating examples and recognizing outcomes.
Benefits You Can Count On
At Stevenson, taking care of our faculty and staff extends far beyond distributing a paycheck. We take a great amount of pride in ensuring that you and your family are protected from life’s daily hurdles.
Take a brief look at the basic benefits packages that we offer at Stevenson below, or download our Benefits Guide.
Policies & Forms
Supporting Forms & Documents
Maryland welcomes you in more ways than one.
Between its convenience, geography, entertainment, sporting events, dining, and arts and culture, the reasons to come live in Maryland are endless:
- Major cities like Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and New York City are just a drive away
- Dubbed “America in Miniature,” Maryland’s geography features the Appalachian Mountains, beaches, metro areas, farmland and the beautiful Chesapeake Bay
- Baltimore’s renowned Inner Harbor is a destination in itself, featuring countless restaurants and attractions such as the Maryland Science Center, The National Aquarium, and Fort McHenry
- Maryland boasts a culturally rich and ethnically diverse population
- The area is home to six major sports teams: Baltimore Orioles (MLB), Washington Nationals (MLB), Baltimore Ravens (NFL), Washington Football Team (NFL), Washington Capitals (NHL), and Washington Wizards (NBA)
- Tourist attractions like Annapolis, Md., Gettysburg, and the Atlantic Beaches are all just an hour or two away
- Wide-ranging climate allows you to experience all four seasons
- Proximity to several nationally-ranked hospitals
Need help finding childcare if you plan to relocate to Maryland? We’ve put together a helpful document that includes many good options to consider.
The University is an innovative, coeducational, independent institution offering undergraduate and graduate students a career-focused education marked by individualized attention, civility, and respect for difference. The University blends the liberal arts with career exploration and planning, complementing a traditional education with applied learning beyond the classroom. The University meets students where they are and supports and challenges them to become reflective and accomplished individuals committed to a lifetime of learning and contribution. Students graduate with the competence and confidence needed to address creatively the opportunities and problems facing their communities, the nation, and the world.
The University will become a national leader in collaborative career-focused liberal arts education and will equip its graduates to visualize and achieve excellence in a dynamic global community.
The core values of the University provide a foundation for faculty, staff, and students to fulfill the mission and achieve the vision of the institution. The values are focused on community, learning, integrity, and excellence.
- Promoting a sense of community, the University embraces the common bonds and obligations within and beyond the campus while respecting individual and cultural differences.
- Fostering learning, the University promotes the pursuit of theoretical and practical knowledge while encouraging a life well-lived–a lifelong philosophy of informed, critical thinking to meet evolving challenges and opportunities.
- Instilling integrity, the University requires acting with dignity and honesty while adhering consistently to the University’s ethical codes.
- Achieving excellence, the University lauds superior performance while recognizing the importance of persistence toward goals.
The University will support faculty and students in their pursuit of academic excellence by integrating academics with experiential learning and career preparation, and by establishing a solid liberal arts foundation.
Stevenson is an innovative institution of higher education that will fulfill its mission, advance its vision, and integrate its values with the engaged support of its faculty, students, staff, and others.
The University will engage its community in creative, intellectual, social, and athletic experiences, and it will foster a campus climate characterized by intellectual rigor, wellness, diversity, civility, and environmental consciousness, as well as self-awareness, and national and global awareness.
The University will enhance its financial resources by increasing revenues, aligning costs with strategic initiatives, identifying additional opportunities, and responding effectively to any associated challenges.