At Stevenson, taking care of our faculty and staff extends far beyond distributing a paycheck. We take a great amount of pride in ensuring that you and your family are protected from life’s daily hurdles. Take a brief look at the basic benefits packages that we offer at Stevenson below, or download our Benefits Guide.
Our medical plan, provided by CareFirst – BlueChoice Advantage, helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Coverage includes preventive services; office visits, labs, and testing; emergency and urgent care; hospitalization; hospital alternatives; and prescription drugs.
Stevenson’s dental plan, through CareFirst, covers four main types of expenses:
- Preventive and diagnostic care (e.g. routine exams and cleanings)
- Basic treatment (e.g. simple fillings and extractions)
- Major treatment (e.g. crowns and dentures)
- Orthodontia benefit for children
This voluntary benefit covers an annual eye exam and corrective eyewear. Our vision plan provides savings on eyewear such as anti-reflective coatings, edge polishes, high-index lenses, photochromatic lenses, polarized lenses, progressive lenses, and UV protection.
Transparency in Coverage: Machine-Readable Files
Under the Transparency in Coverage regulation issued in 2020, group health plans and health insurers must post these two machine-readable files online. Machine-readable files are specific file types that can be read or downloaded by a computer system for further processing without human intervention. Access to the files must be publicly available free of charge and without restrictions (no passwords or other credentials). This data will provide opportunities for detailed research studies and data analysis, and offer third party developers and innovators the ability to create private sector solutions to help drive additional price comparison and consumerism in the health care market.
- In-Network Rate File: Applicable in-network provider rates, including negotiated rates, derived amounts, and underlying fee schedule rates for all covered items.
- Out-of-Network Rate File: Historical data outlining the different billed charges and allowed amounts a plan or issuer has paid for covered items or services, including prescription drugs, furnished by out-of-network providers (minimum of 20 entries).
Use this link to access the machine-readable files.
Life and Financial Benefits
Life and Financial Benefits Overview
- Optional Life Insurance through The Hartford Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts through WEX, Inc.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan through and TIAA
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- University Medical Leave Program
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Legal and ID Theft Insurance
Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time (for staff only)
We provide employees with paid time-off. Full-time staff members accrue vacation and sick leave each pay period and have 3 days of personal leave each year. Employees with longer service receive a greater accrual of vacation time.
Stevenson recognizes 14 paid holidays each year: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Yom Kippur, Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve.
As a Stevenson University employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at the University:
- Tuition Concession Program: Full-time employees and their eligible dependents may take undergraduate classes at Stevenson tuition-free
- House Keys for Employees Home Purchase: Employees who receive a Maryland Mortgage Program loan may be eligible to receive up to $1,000 toward their down payment and settlement expenses
- Direct deposit
- Credit Union
- University Store discount
- On-campus wellness activities such as health education seminars and seated massages
- Educational, cultural, athletic, and employee social events throughout the year
Bloom: A Commitment to Healthy Living
The Stevenson University community prides itself on being one of the healthiest workplaces in our area and strives to not only maintain, but also further this achievement. We offer our employees a great incentive to promote the healthy lifestyle choices we all value.
Our professional development opportunities fall into the general categories of leadership, supervisory, recommended, skill development, and personal enrichment. Calendars are published each semester as well as monthly and most programs are open to all.
- Each year, both full-time and adjunct faculty are offered sabbaticals, internal grant awards, and the opportunity to attend professional development conferences and workshops with their expenses paid.
- Stevenson has a robust leadership development curriculum which includes the Executive Development Institute for the Cabinet and Deans, the Stevenson Senior Seminar for Chairs and Directors, The Leadership Seminar for up-and-coming faculty and staff, which is led by the President and Cabinet members, Management Fundamentals for managers new to Stevenson, and the Supervisors’ Roundtable, a monthly discussion program for all supervisors.
- Programs recommended for all employees are in the areas of legal compliance, safety, harassment and bias prevention.
- Stevenson offers all faculty and staff free access to over 3,000 online programs offered by Percipio and InfoBase/Atomic Learning.