Established in 1947, Stevenson has a long history of providing students with a quality education taught by faculty with extensive, real-world experience. Stevenson University Online delivers career-relevant programs in a personalized environment. Throughout your experience at Stevenson, you will have dedicated one-on-one advising and small class sizes to support your career-focused education.
The cornerstone of our mission is an educational experience that embraces career planning while encompassing liberal arts, science, and technology. As a student or graduate, you can receive individual career counseling and coaching sessions from our experienced Career Services staff to help you to identify your personal and professional definition of success and the next steps in your career goals. We also have extensive resources available on career-related subjects, online and in print. Our sophisticated Stevenson Career Connections online system is available 24/7 and enables you to connect with numerous employers through job postings.
Our faculty and staff understand your need to balance work, school, and life events. Our programs are flexible and focused on meeting the needs of working adults. Whether you are interested in a new career or in advancing your current one, we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
Stevenson Online at a Glance
2020-2021 Academic Year
Total Students 1355 Undergraduate Students 582 Graduate Students 773 Male 18% Female 79% Maryland 80% Out-of-state 20%
Stevenson at a Glance
- 15:1 student-teacher ratio
- 2,732 traditional undergraduate students
- 874 online adult master’s and bachelor’s students
- 43 states (including Maryland) and 15 countries are represented by our student population
- 28 Division III athletic teams
- 80+ student clubs and organizations
- 92 percent of alumni are working or attending graduate or professional school within six months of graduation
- 90+ academic programs, professional minors, and discipline minors
- 27+ online master’s and bachelor’s programs for working adults
* Statistics based on Fall 2019 undergraduate class
Stevenson University is accredited by the following organizations:
- American Bar Association (Legal Studies Program is an ABA-approved paralegal education program)
- Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Universities
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (Human Services Program)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (Nursing Program)
- Maryland State Department of Education (Secondary Education: Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, Mathematics, Physical Science, and Physics)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (Medical Technology Program)
*All degree programs are approved for the education of veterans by the Department of Veterans Affairs.