Start Your Legal Career
Demand for paralegals and legal assistants is growing—and fast. Jobs in the field are projected to grow 14 percent through 2031, with about 45,000 job openings per year.*
Stevenson University Online’s Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies is fully accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and is designed for students who want a flexible and convenient education with the confidence that their degree meets the high standards of today’s legal professions. Upon completion of the program, our graduates are fully prepared to contribute as skilled and knowledgeable members of legal teams.
*U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sept. 2022
Acquire the Specialized Skills Employers Want
From law firms, financial institutions, and insurance to real estate, business, human resources, and government, paralegals and legal assistants serve critical roles in many organizations.
Graduates of our online Bachelor’s in Legal Studies program will gain the skills to excel in:
- Legal investigation, research, and discovery
- Trial preparation and litigation support
- Case and document review
- Witness interviews
- Court filing, contract, and legal document preparation
Top Careers for Legal Studies Graduates
Graduates from our legal studies online program can pursue careers such as:
- Legal Assistant
- Legislative Assistant
- Compliance Officer
- Law Librarian
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies program.
Ranked Best for Law Office Tech
Best Online Bachelor’s in Paralegal Studies
Hear from Our Students
Senior Legal Analyst
“The support that I was getting from Stevenson University was incredible.”
- Completed online application
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- At least 15 transferable credits
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work
- Personal statement
Credit for Prior Learning
Through Stevenson University’s Credit for Prior Learning Program, undergraduate students are eligible to earn up to 30 credits for what they have learned through their previous work and life experiences. Stevenson University Online offers several options for assessing and awarding college credit for prior learning. For more information, visit our Credit for Prior Learning page.
- Students are eligible to transfer up to 70-credit hours from a community college or up to 90-credit hours from a 4-year institution if applicable.
$450.00 Per Credit
$1,350.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. View a full list of our partners here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
- We offer financial aid packages to those who qualify.
Students in the online Bachelor’s in Legal Studies program can choose from a variety of courses including:
- American Government
- Estates and Trusts
- Contract Law
- Legal Research and Writing I
- Business Organizations Law
- Civil Litigation and Pleading