Explore Our Forensic Studies Online Master’s Program
Justice assumes many forms. To carry it out through legal proceedings in our court system often requires highly-specialized knowledge. Forensic studies covers the wide array of disciplines that provide this highly specialized knowledge needed to investigate crimes and see it through the law courts. Obtaining a master’s degree in Forensic Studies can provide professionals with the opportunity to apply specialized knowledge to the criminal justice system, opening new career prospects in a field where their skills will be in high demand. New professional auditing standards as well as the heightened need to protect the integrity of financial systems has resulted in an urgent demand for professionals who can detect and prevent fraud. Additionally, as technology evolves and digital crimes escalate at an alarming rate, so does the need for experts in criminal forensic studies and professionals who can execute forensic investigations.
Stevenson University Online’s Master of Science in Forensic Studies program is designed to prepare professionals to conduct investigations and examine evidence for the purpose of presenting their findings in legal proceedings as experts in forensic accounting or digital forensics. With Stevenson University’s experienced faculty and flexible courses, graduates from our online master’s in Forensic Studies program will be fully prepared for a career in forensics. Developed for working professionals, our Forensic Studies master’s degree program is offered fully online.
The Online Program Design Certification recognizes programs that are designed around measurable learning objectives or competencies. Design or revision of individual courses within the program align with program objectives, involve QM-trained personnel, and are consistent with the relevant QM Rubric.
Ranked Best for Working Professionals
Best Online Master’s in Forensic Accounting
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master’s in Forensic Studies program.
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
$695.00 Per Credit
$2,085.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your online master’s degree by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
Careers for Forensic Studies Graduates
Stevenson’s Master of Science in Forensic Studies degree offers a unique blend of coursework in a variety of in-demand fields in the 21st century. The program is designed for students whose career goals overlap in two or more areas within forensics or who wish to develop general knowledge in forensic accounting, information technology, and investigations. The Forensic Studies program is also appropriate for managerial or executive personnel who need a general understanding of a variety of forensic specialties which fall under their areas of responsibility. The broad-based knowledge obtained in the MS in Forensic Studies program prepares students for careers in forensic accounting, digital forensic investigation, and other areas requiring forensic expertise.
- Litigation Theory and Practice
- Forensic Journal Research and Review
- Investigative Techniques/Interviewing
- Investigative Techniques/Physical Evidence
- Forensic Information Technology
- File Systems Forensic Analysis
Proud member of the FBI National Academy Associates (FBINAA) Academic Alliance