Gain the Specialized Skills to Build Winning Cases
Stevenson University Online’s Master of Science in Forensic Studies program prepares law enforcement and legal professionals to become forensic specialists; conduct investigations; collect, examine, and document evidence; and present their findings in legal proceedings as expert witnesses. The program also teaches scientific, medical, and other professionals with specific discipline expertise the knowledge and skills needed to serve as expert witnesses in civil and criminal cases.
Taught by faculty who are experienced forensic investigators and attorneys, our Forensic Studies master’s program can be completed in as little as 18 months. Developed for working professionals, our fully online Forensic Studies program is offered in convenient 8-week sessions throughout the year with the flexibility that fits the pace of your life.
The Online Program Design Certification recognizes programs that are designed around measurable learning objectives or competencies. Design or revision of individual courses within the program align with program objectives, involve QM-trained personnel, and are consistent with the relevant QM Rubric.
Accredited by MSCHE and MHEC
Complete in as Few as 18 Months
One-on-One Attention from Experienced Faculty
You’ll find our Forensic Studies graduates everywhere from government agencies to law enforcement, legal firms, corporations, businesses, and even non-profit organizations. Graduates can pursue careers such as:
- Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Compliance Analyst
- Claims Adjuster, Examiner, or Investigator
- Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Compliance Specialist
- Digital Forensic Investigator
- Expert Witness (Including Expert Medical and Scientific Witnesses)
- Financial Analyst
- Fire Inspector
- Forensic Accountant
- Fraud Analyst
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant
What you Will Learn
Across the Forensic Studies program’s required core courses and five electives, you gain an understanding of key concepts, including:
- Presenting evidence through oral and written testimony.
- Gathering testimonial evidence through interviews.
- Gathering physical and documentary evidence.
- Preparing investigation reports.
- Understanding how local, state, and federal agencies administer criminal justice.
- All phases of pre-trial and trial work—from court jurisdiction to pleadings and pre-trial motions, fact gathering, discovery, rules of evidence and procedure, plea bargains, settlements, voir dire of jury panel, opening statements, presentation of evidence, witness testimony, and closing arguments.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Forensic Studies, graduates will be able to:
- Evaluate the merits of an allegation and prepare an investigative plan.
- Conduct effective interviews and interrogations.
- Evaluate documentary and testimonial evidence.
- Synthesize analyses of facts and law into coherent, defensible conclusions.
- Communicate findings, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations effectively, orally and in writing, for legal proceedings and court cross-examination.
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master’s in Forensic Studies program.
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
$705.00 Per Credit / $2,115.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your online master’s degree by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
Careers for Forensic Studies Graduates
Stevenson’s Master of Science in Forensic Studies degree offers a unique blend of coursework in a variety of in-demand fields in the 21st century. The program is designed for students whose career goals overlap in two or more areas within forensics or who wish to develop general knowledge in forensic accounting, information technology, and investigations. The Forensic Studies program is also appropriate for managerial or executive personnel who need a general understanding of a variety of forensic specialties which fall under their areas of responsibility. The broad-based knowledge obtained in the MS in Forensic Studies program prepares students for careers in forensic accounting, digital forensic investigation, and other areas requiring forensic expertise.
- Litigation Theory and Practice
- Forensic Journal Research and Review
- Investigative Techniques/Interviewing
- Investigative Techniques/Physical Evidence
- Forensic Information Technology
- File Systems Forensic Analysis