It’s a Degree in Leadership. And Changing Lives.
If you are driven by a vision for improving communities and lives, and are deeply committed to the power of service and education, Stevenson University Online’s Master of Arts in Community-Based Education and Leadership can give you the knowledge and skills you need to help spark positive change in our world.
Designed for nonprofit professionals and educators, the program will expand your ability to serve diverse communities; coordinate the talents and energy of your staff and volunteers; write grant proposals to get the critical funds you need; optimize your organization’s activities; build collaborative partnerships; and manage short- and long-term projects to achieve your goals. Upon completing the program, our students are prepared to create better outcomes for the communities and individuals they serve.
Complete in as Few as 18 Months
Gain the Skills Employers Want
Graduates of our online Master’s in Community-Based Education and Leadership program will excel in key skills, including:
- Creating, implementing, and assessing community-based programs
- Leadership and advocacy for community-based programs
- Grant writing
- Project management, volunteer management, and strategic planning
- Goal setting, resource management, and partnership building
Top Careers for CBEL Graduates
Graduates from our community-based education and leadership online program can pursue careers such as:
- Non-Profit Director
- Social and Community Service Manager
- Community School Administrator
- Fundraising Executive
- Youth Development Specialist
- Athletic Coach
- Higher Education Professional
- Museum Coordinator
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Courtney, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master of Arts in Community-Based Education and Leadership program.
Master’s in Community-Based Education and Leadership
“I found that the workload was well-paced, relevant, and eminently doable. And, I also found an amazing support network with my cohort and my professors.”
- Completed online application
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.*
- Personal statement
$505.00 Per Credit / $1,515.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your online master’s degree by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
Community-Based Education and Leadership Certificate Option
Stevenson offers a fully-online graduate certificate for those interested in advancing their career in this field.
- Community-Based Education and Leadership (15 credit hours)
Education Certificate Options
Stevenson offers fully-online graduate certificate programs for those interested in advancing their careers in either formal or non-formal education settings. Students can select from certificate options in:
Education Master’s Programs
Students in the Community-Based Education and Leadership program can choose from a variety of courses including:
- Cognitive, Social, and Emotional Development of Learners
- Foundations and Frameworks of Community-Based Education
- Program Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Community Engagement and Leadership
- Teaching & Learning for Specialized Populations
- Advanced Literacy Strategies in the STEM Content Areas
- Principles of Special Education
- Advocacy in Community-Based Organizations
- Communication Ethics in the Public Sphere