Explore Our Graduate Certificate in Literacy Education
Stevenson University Online’s Graduate Certificate in Literacy Education will enable you as a teacher to integrate digital technologies and print resources while integrating literacy practices that develop awareness, respect, and a valuing of differences in our society.
Upon completion of the literacy certificate program, you will be able to evaluate learners’ literacy performance through fair assessment tools. These tools enable you to design and implement integrated, comprehensive, and balanced curriculum to support learners’ literacy needs.
Coursework for the certificate in literacy education can be completed entirely online for this 15-credit hour program. Certificate graduates will meet the Maryland State Department of Education’s (MSDE) coursework requirements to add Reading Teacher endorsement to their professional teaching certificate.
Choosing the right online university for your literacy education graduate certificate is an important investment in your future.
- Convenient, online sessions for working adults
- Personalized attention and accomplished faculty with real world experience
- Career-focused programs that provide specialized skills for growing industries
- Accessible and affordable with financial aid options
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
|Per Credit / Per Course (3-Credits)||$505.00 / $1,515.00|
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
- Students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid for this certificate program.
Students must complete the following courses:
- LTED 603 Foundations of Literacy
- LTED 611 Literacy Assessment
- LTED 621 Culturally Responsive Literacy
- LTED 623 Digital Literacy and Media
- LTED 701 Literacy Capstone
Education Master’s Programs
Education Certificate Options
Stevenson offers distinct, fully-online graduate certificate programs for those interested in advancing their careers in either formal or non-formal education settings. Students can select from certificate options in:
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Literary Education
Stevenson University Online alumni, Terry Edmondson, speaks about the benefits of a post-baccalaureate certificate in Literary Education.