Explore Our Graduate Certificate in Secondary STEM Teaching & Learning
Stevenson University Online’s Secondary STEM Teaching & Learning Graduate Certificate is designed for current middle or high school math and science teachers. Expand your knowledge and practice of inquiry-based collaborative teaching and learning. The STEM certificate online program will enable you to develop the tools necessary to design and deliver learning experiences for students that are inquiry-, project-, and problem-based.
The online STEM education certificate program provides you with the opportunity to collaborate with a cohort of math and science educators to plan and implement integrated, multi-disciplinary lessons that align with:
- NSTA Next Gen Science Standards
- NCTM Principles to Action
- Common Core State Standards
Coursework can be completed online for this 18-credit hour cohort STEM teacher certificate program. Credits you earn through this program may be applied to the Master’s in STEM Teaching (MAT).
Choosing the right online university for your STEM teaching graduate certificate is an important investment in your future.
- Convenient, online sessions for working adults
- Personalized attention and accomplished faculty with real world experience
- Career-focused programs that provide specialized skills for growing industries
- Accessible and affordable with financial aid options
- Apply credits to our equivalent online master’s degree program
- Completed online application.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a math or science discipline or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution, or significant coursework in math or science, and/or professional teaching experience in secondary math or science
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work
- Professional resume including experience teaching secondary math or science
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal statement.
|Tuition Per Credit||Cost Per Course (3-Credit Hours)|
|Tuition Per Credit / Cost Per Course (3-Credit Hours)||$505.00 / $1,515.00|
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
- Students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid for this certificate program.
Students must complete the following courses:
- ED 605 STEM Curriculum Principles and Practices
- ED 620 Literacy Strategies in the STEM Content Areas
- ED 625 Advanced Literacy Strategies in the STEM Content Areas
- ED 640 Methods and Technologies of Teaching Secondary Math and Science with a STEM Focus I
- ED 645 Methods and Technologies of Teaching Secondary Math and Science with a STEM focus II
- ED 690 Issues in STEM Education
Education Master’s Programs
Education Certificate Options
Stevenson offers three distinct, fully-online graduate certificate programs for those interested in advancing their careers in either formal or non-formal education settings. Students can select from certificate options in: