Unlock your Potential for the Growing Healthcare Industry
Nationally, the healthcare management field is projected to grow 28% through 2031.* In Maryland alone, that means more than 56,000 job openings. Stevenson University Online’s Master of Science in Healthcare Management program is designed for both career changers and current healthcare professionals. Our program provides you with the skills, knowledge, and credentials you need to become a leader in this fast-growing field.
Graduates are prepared to plan, direct, or coordinate medical and health services in hospitals, clinics, managed care, public health agencies, and similar organizations. Accredited through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), the Master of Science in Healthcare offers two program concentrations in Quality Management and Patient Safety or Project Management in Healthcare.
Complete in as Few as 18 Months
Gain the Skills Employers Want
Graduates of our online Master’s in Healthcare Management will excel in key skills, including:
- Analyzing the performance of a healthcare system or organization
- Evaluating the health status of populations
- Addressing service gaps
- Adapting organizational operations to evolving health policies
- Promoting organizational and clinical excellence
- Managing information resources
- Effectively communicating with external and internal stakeholders
Top Careers for Graduates
Healthcare Management graduates can purse diverse career paths, such as:
- Administrative Supervisor
- Case Report Writer
- Clinical Managers
- Electronic Medical Records Analyst
- Healthcare Program Administrator
- Home Health Administrator
- Hospital Administrator
- Information Technology Director
- Practice Manager
- Quality Data Manager
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master’s in Healthcare Management program.
Master’s in Healthcare Management
“An online degree it makes it a lot more viable option to fit it into a busy schedule. The professors were very open with helping with anything I really needed.”
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- One professional letter of recommendation from a current or past supervisor. Please use the following Recommendation form.
- Personal Statement.
- Resume of professional experience.
$685.00 Per Credit / $2,055.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your online master’s degree by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
- Quality Management and Patient Safety prepare you to plan, organize, lead, control, and evaluate quality improvement initiatives in healthcare organizations. Coursework focuses on the ethical application of effective and evidence-based patient-centric theory and practices.
- Project Management in Healthcare prepares graduates to plan, organize, lead, control, and evaluate healthcare organization projects from start to finish. Coursework focuses on ethical, effective financial management, innovative leadership, and interdisciplinary teamwork theory and practices
Students in the online Master’s in Healthcare Management program can choose from a variety of courses including:
- Healthcare Management and Administration
- Healthcare Policy, Law, and Ethics
- Human Resources Development in Healthcare
- Organizational Behavior in Healthcare
- Health Care Finance: Challenges
- Teamwork in Healthcare Settings
- Patient Satisfaction and Quality Improvement
- Internship in Healthcare (3-6 credits)
Healthcare Management Certificate Option
Stevenson offers a 15-credit, online Graduate Certificate in Quality Management and Patient Safety.
Accredited by the IACBE
Stevenson University Online has received specialized accreditation for the Master of Science in Healthcare Management Business from the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
Founded in 1997, the IACBE is nationally-recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). IACBE is the leader in mission-driven and outcomes-based programmatic accreditation in business and business-related education for colleges, universities, and other higher education institutions whose primary purpose is excellence in teaching and learning. Learn more at www.iacbe.org.
Stevenson University’s MS in Healthcare Management (HCM) Program has been designated as a Full Graduate Program Member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA). A global network of colleges, universities, faculty, individuals and organizations, AUPHA is dedicated to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery through excellence in healthcare management and policy education. The Full Graduate Program designation reflects Stevenson University’s MS in HCM Program’s ability to meet not only the AUPHA’s high standards, but also the rigorous requirements of the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), an educational accreditation agency for college and university business programs. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Healthcare Management vs. Healthcare Administration
- Benefits of Getting Your Master’s Degree in Healthcare Management Online
- Popular Career Paths for Master’s in Healthcare Management Graduates
- How to Advance Your Healthcare Management Career with a Master’s Degree
- Tips for Working Professionals Pursuing a Healthcare Management Graduate Degree
*U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Oct. 2022