Explore Our Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Education & Leadership
Stevenson University Online’s Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Education & Leadership is designed for practicing professionals in non-formal and informal education settings who want to expand their knowledge and skills to become effective educators and change leaders in their organizations.
Upon completion of SUO’s community-based education program, you will be able to:
- meet the needs of diverse populations of learners
- build transformative learning communities
- foster collaborative partnerships within the expanding non-formal educational sector
Coursework for the certificate in community leadership can be completed online for this 15-credit hour program. Credits you earn through this program may be applied to the Master’s in Community-Based Education and Leadership.
You must complete the following courses and choose two electives in the Management-Leadership or Teaching and Learning focus areas.
- CBEL 610 Foundation and Frameworks of Community-Based Education
- CBEL 616 Community Engagement and Leadership
- ED 606 Socio-political and Cultural Influences on Families, Organizations, and Communities
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Resume of professional experience.
- Personal statement.
|Tuition Per Credit||Cost Per Course (3-Credit Hours)|
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
Students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid for this certificate program.
Community-Based Education and Leadership Master’s Degree Option
Stevenson offers a fully-online master’s degree program for those interested in advancing their career in this field.
- Community-Based Education and Leadership (36 credit hours)
Education Master’s Programs
Education Certificate Options
Stevenson offers three distinct, fully-online Graduate Certificate programs for those interested in advancing their careers in either formal or non-formal education settings. Students can select from certificate options in: