Explore Our Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Education & Leadership
Stevenson University Online’s Graduate Certificate in Community-Based Education & Leadership is designed for practicing professionals in non-formal and informal education settings who want to expand their knowledge and skills to become effective educators and change leaders in their organizations.
Upon completion of SUO’s community-based education program, you will be able to:
- meet the needs of diverse populations of learners
- build transformative learning communities
- foster collaborative partnerships within the expanding non-formal educational sector
Coursework for the certificate in community leadership can be completed online for this 15-credit hour program. Credits you earn through this program may be applied to the Master’s in Community-Based Education and Leadership.
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Resume of professional experience.
- Personal statement.
|Tuition Per Credit||Cost Per Course (3-Credit Hours)|
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
Students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid for this certificate program.
You must complete the following courses and choose two electives in the Management-Leadership or Teaching and Learning focus areas.
- CBEL 610 Foundation and Frameworks of Community-Based Education
- CBEL 616 Community Engagement and Leadership
- ED 606 Socio-political and Cultural Influences on Families, Organizations, and Communities
Community-Based Education and Leadership Master’s Degree Option
Stevenson offers a fully-online master’s degree program for those interested in advancing their career in this field.
- Community-Based Education and Leadership (36 credit hours)
Education Master’s Programs
Education Certificate Options
Stevenson offers three distinct, fully-online Graduate Certificate programs for those interested in advancing their careers in either formal or non-formal education settings. Students can select from certificate options in:
- Community-Based Education and Leadership (15 credit hours)
- Literacy Education (15 credit hours)
- Secondary STEM Teaching and Learning (18 credit hours)