The Next Step in your Nursing Career
Healthcare systems are facing a severe lack of nurses. Current national industry trends project more than 660,000 vacant healthcare positions by 2025.1 In Maryland, nearly 9,000 hospital nursing positions are currently unfilled, and that number is expected to rise to more than 23,000 positions by 2035.2, 3 You can help meet this urgent need while advancing your career with a Master of Science in Nursing Degree from Stevenson University Online.
Designed for registered nurses who have already earned their bachelor’s degree in nursing, our program partners students with experienced nurses to learn and demonstrate new knowledge and skills. Our small class sizes, personalized instruction, and vibrant online learning community of working nurses ensures you will receive the support you need to succeed.
With four distinct program concentrations to choose from – including Forensic Nursing, Nursing Education, Nursing Leadership/Management, and Population-Based Care – Stevenson University Online helps you chart a new course in your nursing career.
Complete in as Few as 24 Months
Gain the Skills Employers Want
Graduates of our online Master’s in Nursing program will excel in key skills, including:
- Demonstrating advanced mastery of nursing theory
- Advocating for and promoting excellence in the nursing profession
- Understanding advanced nursing practices
- Demonstrating personal accountability, professional role modeling, and mentoring
- Applying decision-making skills and change theory within the dynamic and global health care system
Top Careers for Nursing Graduates
Nursing graduates can purse diverse career paths, such as:
- Clinical Development Specialist
- Nurse Director
- Director of Nursing Education
- Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Case Manager
- Nurse Navigator
- Clinical Professor
- Nurse Administrator
- Population Health Director
- Forensic Nurse Investigator
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master’s in Nursing program.
Master’s In Nursing
“If returning to school to further your education is something you’ve been thinking about, calling Stevenson University Online is an easy step. It’s something I would encourage you to do. I can’t explain how much it has made my life better personally and professionally.”
- Completed online application.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current registered nurse’s license in good standing.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
- One Professional Letter of Recommendation from a current or past supervisor: Recommendation Form
- Resume of professional experience.
$625.00 Per Credit / $1,875.00 Per Course (3 Credits), Spring – Summer 2023
$635.00 Per Credit / $1,905.00 Per Course (3 Credits), as of Fall 2023
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local hospitals and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your online master’s degree by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
Students in the online Master’s in Nursing program can choose from a variety of courses including:
- Concepts of Nursing Informatics
- Quantitative Methods in Nursing Research
- Qualitative Inquiry in Nursing
- Global Health Care Perspectives
- Project and Resource Management
Nursing Certificate Options
Stevenson offers 15-credit, online nursing graduate certificates in:
Accredited by CCNE
The Master’s in Nursing program at Stevenson University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
1. US Healthcare Labor Market. Mercer. 2021.
2. 2022 State of Maryland’s Health Care Workforce Report. Maryland Hospital Association. August 2022.
3. Maryland Nursing Workforce Study. Global Data. June 2022.