Our Stevenson community is so excited to welcome you to campus for engaging classes, an active student and cultural events calendar, and sporting events. It’s a great day to be a mustang!
Our residence halls are ranked #8 best college dorms in the nation and #1 in Maryland by Niche. Our top-ranked living experience means you’ll find lifelong friendships while living and learning in one of our 13 residences. Students are assigned to a community based on their class year and will have the opportunity to live in both suite-style and apartment-style housing throughout their Stevenson career. Make friends, get involved, and make the most of your time as a residential student at Stevenson.
Explore our Freshman Suites
The Great Things About Residence Life
Residence Hall Highlights
- Suite-Style Rooms (single or double)
- Private, in-suite bathrooms with separate shower, double sink, and toilet
- Refrigerator & Microwave
- Carpeted rooms
- Free, fast Wi-Fi
- Free washers & dryers – and get a text when your laundry is done
- Floor lounges
- Controllable Air Conditioning
- 4 fitness centers
- Free parking near your dorm
- 24/7 Security
- Campus shuttle buses
- On-campus bookstore
- Campus coffee house
Balance your Academic & Social Life
- Convenience – walk to class with no commute
- Hassle-free living with many amenities
- Shopping and eateries close by
First Year Residence
From day one, students move into suite-style residences, providing you with all of the comforts of home as you adapt to a new environment. With an array of activities and athletic events, you’ll never be short of something to do. By living on campus, you’ll get to experience all that Stevenson has to offer, including arts programming, athletic events, and participation in a variety of student organizations.
Residence Halls are located on our Owings Mills Campus with close proximity to on-campus dining, campus-to-campus shuttle services, and on-site 24/7 security. Our shuttle services provide transportation between campuses to make getting to and from class easy.
Our Room Features:
- Two bedrooms and a private bathroom with double sink (separate toilet and shower)
- Mini-fridge and microwave
- In-room adjustable heating and cooling
- Individual closet space
- Carpeted Rooms
- Fully furnished bedroom (including Twin XL size bed w/mattress, desk, desk chair, dresser)
- SU Connect Hi-Speed Wi-Fi
- Washers and dryers located on first floor (included in housing fee)
- Free Parking on campus
First Year Suites – Double Rooms
First Year Suites Single + Double in A room
Transfer Suite Housing – Wooded Way (Double Rooms)
What Should I Bring?
Living & Learning
Living & Learning is our Residential Engagement Plan. It provides an intentional framework to educate students outside of the classroom. Just like there is a curriculum or syllabus in the classroom, our Residential Engagement Plan guides your learning that takes place as a member of our residential community. This curricular approach was created to provide intentional learning opportunities for Stevenson residents. This learning is centered around Stevenson’s Four Core Values (integrity, learning, community, and excellence) as these have become our learning goals. We utilize several strategies to foster these learning goals.
Intentional conversations are the foundation of Residential Engagement Plan. Mustang Meetups are one-on-one conversations between a Resident Assistant and a resident. They can occur anywhere on campus and should be around 20 minutes in length. RAs will be a given a lesson plan that contains suggested questions to help guide the conversation as well as a learning goal that the conversation should be centered around.
Bulletin boards are a great way to communicate our Residential Engagement Plan learning goals in a fun, creative way. RAs will be given a lesson plan with detailed instructions as to which learning goal the bulletin board should be focused on.
Monthly community builders are another way we have RAs build relationships and connections on their floor. These community builders can be a consistent activity or a new activity each month. These are activities that get residents connected to campus more and/or each other.
Roommate agreements are facilitated by every RA in each area. The roommate agreements should happen within the first two weeks of classes and updated whenever a new individual moves in or out of the room. These agreements hold residents accountable and make them discuss certain issues with their roommates.
These occur twice per semester and are one of the main responsibilities of the RAs. The events will follow the learning goal based on what residents need or want to learn more about.
Mustang Movers are a group of student volunteers who assist new and transfer students with their move to campus during August move in! Mustang Movers will unload student vehicles and move their belongings into their rooms, help direct traffic, and point new students and their families in the right direction.
Build a sense of community on your floors and grow meaningful relationships with those in your residence hall! As compensation, RAs receieve a full room waiver and meal plan C waiver for the entire academic year
Be the first person students greet when they come to the Residence Life & Housing Office with any questions or concerns!
Learn more about these opportunities and talk with your current Resident Assistant. Stop by our office in Ratcliffe Community Center or email us at ResLifeReception@stevenson.edu.
The Office Assistant position is avaliable to any student eligible for work-study.
Policies & Forms
Resident students must be enrolled full-time, maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA, and adhere to the Stevenson code of behavior for student housing. Residence space is limited. Accepted students are encouraged to commit to living on campus as soon as possible.
Here are essential policy documents and forms
Requesting Your Roommate
You may have already decided who you want to live with during your first year at Stevenson. To request a specific roommate(s) and/or suitemate(s), students should follow these guidelines:
- The request must be mutual.
- Every student that is part of the request must complete the form.
- The request form will be available in late Spring 2023, and you will need your Stevenson Single Sign-On to access the form.
- All request forms must be received by July 1st
Please note that both the preferred bedroom type and roommate requests are requests and not guaranteed. While we try to accommodate all requests, we are limited to the bed spaces available. Have questions? Email us at ResLifeReception@stevenson.edu.
A Safe and Secure Campus
- 24/7 monitoring and assistance
- Secure residence halls with card access
- Take a free shuttle across campus
- Free campus parking close to your dorm
Get Involved, Stay Active
- 60+ clubs and organizations on campus – or create your own!
- Mustang athletic games, club, and intramural sports. Plus, an esports arena that competes nationally.
- Arts Alive! program brings art, performance, and music to campus throughout the semester.
- Center for Diversity & Inclusion events and activities.
Dining On and Off Campus
- 4 dining locations on campus – eat-in or carry-out.
- Our meal plans offer FLEX dollars to use at local off-campus eateries—Noodles & Company, Qdoba Mexican Grill, Tropical Smoothie Café, and more!
- Proudly serving Starbucks at our Garrison Hall Coffee House
- The Natural Smoothie Bar- Enjoy fresh made-to-order smoothies, Ellis Coffee for your caffeine needs, and sandwiches and paninis.
Ratcliffe Community Center
100 Campus Circle
Owings Mills, Maryland
Ratcliffe Community Center
100 Campus Circle
Owings Mills, MD 21117