And the results are in from Friday night's screening of the 8 films submitted for STEVIE U 72 2021, an event managed by our FMI Club. To see all the movies, click on the above image or visit our Vimeo site.
- First place + the audience award went to Connor Drake, Zach Garrigus and Andy Smialowski for Last Call.
- Second place went to A.J. Brown, Hannah Kedzierski and Jalen Thomas for That Certain Shade of Heart.
- Third place went to Jordan Shipe, Zhanna Snyder and Tina Spurgeon for Hell's Monthly Review.
Contestants had to each pick a different genre, and then work with the following three requirements:
- One person on screen at a time (if more than one person, then everyone on screen must wear a face mask of some kind)
- All shots must be done handheld
- Participants had the option to pick one of the two following challenges: a) The color red must be prominent in the film; b) A Shakespeare quote must be used.
Once the eight completed films were submitted on Monday, November 15, our three participating judges—Stevenson University President Elliot Hirshman, FMI alumna Robin Christine Farrell (Class of 2008) and local cinematographer Quinn Woverton—watched the movies and chose their Top 3. At the end of the screening on Friday, November 19, the audience (both in the Soundstage and virtual) then voted on their favorite, which received the audience award. Prizes consisted of Amazon gift cards and items generously donated by our sponsor, Canon.