Recognizing Leadership, Ambition, and Innovation
The Presidential Fellowship provides a full-tuition scholarship to support students who embody the mission of Stevenson University.
Bold leadership. Dedication to community. An ambitious and innovative approach to academics. Stevenson is seeking candidates for the Presidential Fellowship that embody these characteristics and will enrich its University community.
Established in recognition of Dr. Kevin J. Manning, president of Stevenson University from 2000-2017, the Presidential Fellowship is awarded to incoming freshmen who have the potential to make a lasting impact on the Stevenson community. As a national leader in career-preparation education, Stevenson is the ideal place to talented, intellectually curious, and driven students to launch successful careers.
Presidential Fellows Receive
- Full-tuition scholarship renewable for four years
- Invitation to participate in activities and events to encourage personal and intellectual growth
- Please note: The full-tuition Fellowship scholarship is awarded to freshmen applicants only and cannot be combined with any other Stevenson awards. The scholarship does not cover the cost of room, board, and fees and cannot be deferred.
- Fellowship is only available to freshman applicants
- Submit complete admission application by November 1.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale or a 93 on a 100-point scale (weighted or unweighted) in order to be considered.
- Students will be required to complete the Cornerstone Project by answering one of the prompts listed below in whatever electronic format they wish (essay, portfolio, video, etc).
- All materials must be submitted electronically. Please note that every student who submits an application will be sent an automated email confirming their materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 7 days after submitting, please reach out to the Admissions Office. Your materials are not considered submitted until you receive a confirmation email.
- Finalists will be notified in mid-November and invited to interview in December-January.
Stevenson strives to provide students with a community centered on their success, exceptional experiences and a connection to career during their undergraduate years. With this in mind, choose one of the following questions to answer in your project related to our institution’s three commitments:
Community Centered on Students’ Success: What community has supported you throughout high school and helped you work toward success?
Exceptional Experiences: What experiences have you had throughout high school that you would deem ‘exceptional’?
Connection to Career: What are your ultimate career goals, and what sort of activities or involvements have you done that are connected to that goal?
All complete applications for freshman admission are read in the order in which they are received with admission decisions sent approximately 3-4 weeks after completion. All students admitted to the University are then automatically reviewed a second time for the SU Merit-Based Scholarship Program. Official scholarship offers are included inside the letter of admission for students who qualify.
The Presidential Fellowship Committee meets separately to select finalists. The Committee will consider both your admission application and Presidential Fellowship application in its review. Applicants for the Presidential Fellowship will be notified in an email and official letter if they are a finalist. Finalists will be invited to interview in late January – early February. All finalists will be notified by March 1 whether or not they have been designated as a Presidential Fellow.
A note regarding Specialty Scholarships:
You might also wish to be considered for Stevenson’s interview-based Specialty Scholarships: the Founders’ Scholarship, the Service Scholars Program, and the Leadership Scholars Program. Presidential Fellowship applicants can indicate an interest in these programs on their Presidential Fellowship application and will not be required to submit an additional application. Students selected as finalists and completing a finalist interview for the Presidential Fellowship will not need to schedule and complete a Specialty Scholarship interview; the finalist interview will also fulfill the interview portion of the specialty scholarship process.
Recipients of the Presidential Fellowship will be placed into the Leadership or Service Scholars Program. Placement in these Scholars Programs allow students to continue to grow as community members both on- and off-campus.
Please note: The full-tuition Fellowship scholarship cannot be combined with any other Stevenson awards. The scholarship does not cover the cost of room, board, and fees.
If you have questions about the Presidential Fellowship, please contact Brad Karner, email@example.com.