Welcome back to the 2018 fall semester with the Fashion Design and Merchandising Department!!
We would like to start off by wishing all of our new and returning students an excellent start to the new year! We have many exciting things to share with you!
· We would like to give a warm welcome to our new Fashion Design Textile instructor, Mr. Navaid Baqai. He will be teaching our Textile course this semester!
· Don’t forget about the SU Fall Break/Holiday! Please note that the college will be CLOSED on Monday, October 8 and Tuesday, October 9.
· Join us for our New York City bus trip on Wednesday, September 26th. This trip will include tours to WGSN, Heavenly Bodies Exhibit at the Met, as well as visits to other fashion businesses in the city. There will be free time for students roam the city! For more information about this trip and to purchase your tickets please contact, Leah Aronhime.
· You won’t want to miss out on Mustangs Make a Difference Day, which is a campus-wide day of service designed to carry on the tradition of SU’s “Build Community Day” without the need for students to travel off-campus. It is a way for students, faculty, and staff to make a positive difference while promoting our University value of “promoting a sense of community”. For the past two years, Mustangs Make a Difference Day (MMDD) has been a student-run “Day to Serve” with various classes, clubs, organizations, and honor societies hosting stations that provide service activities to meet various needs of community partners in the Baltimore region and beyond. We are one of the over 700 events listed throughout MD, WV, VA, and DC listed on the “Day to Serve” website - . This governors’ initiative is meant to “unite people of all faiths, races, cultures, and backgrounds with the shared goal of helping those in need and improving the communities where we live.” (http://www.daytoserve.org/). Mustangs Make a Difference Day event will take place on Friday, October 12th.
· Our students will once again be showcasing in New York Fashion Week in 2019!! Both Fashion design and Merchandising majors are encouraged to participate. Contact Studio Manager, Leah Aronhime, for more details on this fabulous and exciting experience.
· Stevenson University’s Fashion Design program presents, “A Journey Through the Elements,” an exhibition of original garments created by junior fashion design majors. Students from the Concept Development in Fashion Design course will showcase garments inspired by draped lines, shapes, and color where they will then hone in on their own design skills. Stevenson’s fashion design and merchandising majors will create exhibition boards that tell the story of each designers’ influences. These beautiful garments will be displayed at the Academic Center on the Owings Mills North campus. Please join us for the Opening Reception on Thursday, November 29th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Please continue to check out our blog for more information regarding future events and cool blogs written by students from the Writing for Fashion course!!
The Fashion Design and Merchandising Department welcomes you to a most fabulous fall semester!