Answer Your Calling and Achieve Your Credentials Affordably
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2023
Stevenson’s Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) program prepares you to become a Clinical Psychologist and provide evidence-based, culturally competent clinical services to individuals and their communities. The program combines classroom instruction, clinical placements, and internship experiences, so you gain the core competencies and discipline-specific knowledge required for effective clinical practice. Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to sit for licensure exams.
Stevenson’s Psy.D. Program Cornerstones
- This is a full-time, five-year program, which includes a year-long full-time internship.
- You will gain practical application and preparation skills to fortify your professional future.
- In the second through fourth years of the program, you will complete externships in clinical settings—generally 16-20 supervised hours per week.
- Faculty mentoring and guidance extend through coursework, internship support, and dissertation direction.
- The program is rooted in theory and research with particular attention that respects human diversity for effective work with individuals and groups from a variety cultural backgrounds.
Stevenson University’s Psychology program, faculty, and administrator welcomed their second cohort of Psy.D. students
to campus on August 19, 2022, for orientation as they begin to embark on their studies.
Get Your Questions Answered
Stevenson’s Psy.D. program has been developed to be consistent with APA accreditation standards. APA permits programs to apply for accreditation once the first cohort has been enrolled and made progress in the program so that an accreditation decision can be made before that cohort graduates from the program. The program has been approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission and the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.