Have a Question?
Diversity & Inclusion at Stevenson
Stevenson University commits itself to diversity as it relates to awareness, education, respect and practice at every level of the organization. The University embraces people of all backgrounds, defined by, but not limited to, ethnicity, culture, race, gender, class, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical ability, learning styles, and political perspectives. The University believes its core values are strengthened when all of its members have voice and representation. The resulting inclusive organizational climate promotes the development of broad-minded members of the University who positively influence their local and global communities.
Center for Diversity and Inclusion
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion, located on the 2nd floor of the Caves Sports Wellness Center, is available for use by students, faculty, and staff for programming and open conversations related to topics on diversity and inclusion as well as club and organization meetings. The center, which opened in 2017, serves as an inclusive space where discussions about diversity and inclusion can occur. Additionally, the center includes a Prayer and Meditation Room for students, faculty, and staff to use.
Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee is comprised of members of the Stevenson University faculty and staff:
- Margaret Baldwin, Director of Talent Management
- Sally Bonefas, Psychologist/Clinical Director
- Clotile S. Galbraith, Professor, Education
- Dave Jordan, Vice President of Human Resources
- Melanie Mason, Director, Financial Aid
- Christopher Metzger, Assistant Professor, Graphic Design
- Karen Murphy-Keddell, Director, Nursing Advising & Retention
- Samuel Obae, Assistant Professor, Biology
- Atsuko Onozato, Director, Visual Communication
- Lorrie Rowland, Director, Employment & HRIS
- Tiffany T. Sanchez, Vice President, Student Affairs
- Daniel Schwartz, Director, Student Activities
- Laura Trantham Smith, Chair & Associate Professor, English Language & Literature
- Morgan M. Somerville, Director, Student Engagement
- Nadene Vevea, Associate Dean, Communication Programs
- Dawn N. Ward, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Lauri A. Weiner, Associate Professor, Human Services
- Charisse F. Wernecke, Assistant Professor, Accounting
- Maria S. Wong, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Jinsong Zhang, Senior Instructional Designer
Mission, Vision & Goals
MissionThe D&I Committee supports the university’s commitment to diversity and inclusion as it relates to awareness, education, respect and practice at every level of the institution.
VisionWe are dedicated to cultivating and sustaining a welcoming environment that embraces our similarities and differences.
- Marketing and Communication
- Programming and Events
- Training and Professional Development
- Assessment and Reporting
Stevenson University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment, and admission decisions at the University will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The University does not engage in discrimination or harassment in employment, admissions, or academic opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, gender, sex (including pregnancy), disability, national origin, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, veteran, or Vietnam era veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state, or local law in admission, treatment or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities.