The Office of Institutional Research & Assessment provides information needed for institutional evaluation, accreditation, and continuous improvement. In so doing, OIRA supports timely and efficient data collection, analysis, and reporting of quantitative and qualitative measures within Stevenson University and to external agencies and organizations. OIRA also serves as a resource for best practices in determining curricular and programmatic effectiveness.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support institution-wide assessment efforts related to accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and compliance with the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
- Engage with external agencies and organizations at the national, regional, and state level to report institutional performance (e.g., historical enrollment trends, retention rates, graduation rates, student/faculty ratios, etc.).
- Support Stevenson University academic programs with acquiring and maintaining program accreditation with external accrediting bodies.
- Support the continuous improvement of Stevenson University academic programs by managing processes such as Academic Program Review (5-year cycle) and Annual Program Assessment.
- Provide opportunities for current students and alumni to share feedback regarding Stevenson University courses and learning experiences via periodic surveys, including Student Course Feedback Surveys, 1- and 5-Year Alumni Surveys, the National Survey of Student Engagement, and the National Survey of Faculty Engagement.
- Recommend best practices for the assessment of Stevenson University’s curriculum and academic programs.