According to Linked In, at left are the top in-demand skills for the workplace. Notice that nearly all of them are directly applicable to the curriculum in the Business Communication and Comm Studies majors!
But according to a July article in Techwell by Owen Gotimer, we must stop referring to these skills as “soft.” These soft skills really aren’t so soft after all. Why not?
1. “Soft skills are hard to learn.
2. Soft skills require continuous improvement.
3. Soft skills are transferable.
4. Soft skills will distinguish man from machine.
5. Soft skills are the focal point of agile.“
These are important human skills that are demanded of the successful employee – so let’s stop calling them “soft.”