Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Laura Smith: School of Humanities and Social Sciences Faculty
Laura T. Smith , Ph.D.
- Ph.D. University of Texas at Austin, 2010 with Portfolio in Gender and Sexuality Studies
- M.A. University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- B.A. College of William and Mary in Virginia, 1997
- Associate Professor, English, Stevenson University, 2016-present
- Assistant Professor, English, Stevenson University, 2010-2016
- “From Rupture to Remembering: Flesh Memory and the Embodied Experimentalism of Akilah Oliver.” Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States 35, 2 (Summer 2010): 103-120. (Republished in The Akilah Oliver Memorial, Belladonna Press, 2011.)
- Co-editor of Special Issue, “Bridging the Gap: Emerging Scholars, Emerging Forms of Scholarship.” Reflections: Writing, Service-Learning, and Community Literacy 7, 3 (Summer 2008).
- “Unstruck,” “Turn,” Ruminate Magazine 41 (2016).
“Dress,” Bone Bouquet 7.1 (2016).
- “Good Friday,” “Balasana as a Means of Travel,” “Daylight Savings.” PANK: Emerging and Experimental Poetry & Prose 8.11 (2013).
ENG 224. Introduction to Creative Writing.
ENG 230. Critical Approaches to Literary Study I.
ENG 281. African American Performance on Page, Stage, Screen.
ENG 281. The Graphic Novel and Visual Literature.
ENG 281. LGBTQAI+ Literature and Culture
ENG 287. Literary Genres: Poetry.
ENG 326. Poetry Workshop.
ENG 353. Contemporary American Literature.
ENG 381. Rebels and Revolution: Protest Lit.
ENG 385. Epic Vision and Revision.
ENG 385. Sex and Death: The Sonnet Since Shakespeare.
ENG 401. Major Author: Toni Morrison.
ENG 401. Major Author: Langston Hughes.
- Fellowship, National Endowment for the Humanities Scholars Institute, 2015
- Artist Residency, Marble House Project, 2014
- John Lovas Memorial Weblog Award, Kairos, 2010
- O’Neal Award for Graduate Excellence, 2010
- Publically Active Graduate Education Fellow, Imagining America, 2008
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.