Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Susan Scherr: School of Nursing and Health Professions Faculty
Susan J. Scherr , DNP, MS, CRNP-Geriatrics
- 2018 Doctor of Nursing Practice : University of Maryland School of Nursing
- 2007 Master of Science: University of Maryland School of Nursing
- 2001 Bachelor of science in Nursing: University of Delaware
- Gerontological Nurse Practitioner: Clinical practice has included comprehensive, primary medical management of older adults who live independently, in assisted living, and in long-term care.
- Assistant Professor at York College of Pennsylvania in the Master of Science in Nursing Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Program
- Scherr, S, Idzik, S, & Williams, D. (2020). Integrating oral health screening into primary care to promote dental referrals in Maryland. Journal of Doctoral Nursing Practice.
- McGuinn, T.L., & Sherr, S. (2014). Anticoagulation clinic versus a traditional warfarin management model. The Nurse Practitioner, 39(10), 40-46.
- 2018 School of Nursing Alumni Association Award for Outstanding Doctor of Nursing Practice Graduate, awarded by the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
- 2015 Resnick-Sollins Nursing Graduate Student Scholarship, awarded by the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
- 2014 recipient of the "Interprofessional Oral-Systemic Health Curricular Innovation" award from NYU and the Oral Health Nursing Education and Practice (OHNEP) organization. Funding will go toward the following project: "Oral Health Module for the Advanced Practice Nurse."
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.