Mark Lortz M.M., Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Music Education, Temple University
- M.M., Music Composition; Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University
- M.M., Music Education; Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University
- Teacher Certification, Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University
- B.M., Percussion Performance, Peabody Institute of The Johns Hopkins University
- Stevenson University Interim Director of Music (2017 – Present) Director of Bands (2011 – Present)
- Westminster High School Fine Arts Department Chair and Band and Orchestra Director (1996 – 2011)
- Adjunct Music Faculty Carroll Community College (2009 – 2013) McDaniel College- (2006- Present)
My research focus is music assessment and musical creativity. I compose music education compositions for concert band and orchestra, arrange for marching bands and drum corps and guest conduct throughout the country.
See my website link for my musical publications: http://marklortz.com/compositions/
Mus 290, 291 – Band Mus 260 – Music Technology
Please vist my website: http://marklortz.com and
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.