Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Inna Alesina: School of Design Faculty
Inna Alesina , M.F.A.
M.F.A., Graphic Design; Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD
B.F.A., Product Design; Parsons School of Design, New York, NY
With 20 years of design practice and 15+ years of design teaching experience, Inna Alesina considers herself a maker and a thinker, a learner and a teacher. Her works have won numerous awards and recognition by the press. She also holds dozens of patents for her inventions. Over the years Inna helped design and develop products for clients in sportswear, furniture, personal care, and other industries.
Inna's work spans many disciplines and media including object design, performance wear, communication design, ergonomics, and most recently food systems. She is always looking for new areas to apply her design thinking. One of her recent research projects at SU is a Design Impact initiative. In 2017 her project “Building a Course Syllabus Using Visual Design Tools and Design Thinking Methods” received the Innovative Teaching with Technology award from Stevenson University.
“The medium is the message: reinvesting in environments and communities changes habits”— Station North Arts and Entertainment District case study. The abstract was accepted for Unmaking Waste 2015-Transforming Production and Consumption in Time and Place conference; Adelaide, Australia. This paper was co-authored with Lori Rubeling.
Co-authored with Ellen Lupton, Exploring Materials: Creative Designs for Everyday Objects (2010), available from Princeton Architectural Press. https://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Materials-Creative-Everyday-Objects/dp/1568987684
Stevenson University, Stevenson, MD
Assistant Professor, Art & Visual Communication Design
2014 – Present
Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD
2005 – 2016
Towson University, Towson, MD
2002 – 2005
- Intersection, Interaction, Action! Curated Participatory Exhibition and workshops at MICA / 2016
- The Participatory Design Conference (PDC) August 2016, Aarhus, Denmark
- Unmaking Waste Transforming Production and Consumption in Time and Place, May 2015, Adelaide, South Australia
- Design@+Sister Cities Beijing China and Washington DC / 2014
- 2014 Core77 Design Awards, Food Design, Student Notable for Test Kitchen for Change & Bread Zoo
- Solo Show and Public Performances at VisArts, Rockville, MD/ 2014
- GlassLab by Corning Museum of Glass/ 2012
- Ignite Baltimore / 2012
- MTRL 2020 Cincinnati Ohio / 2012
- IDA Congress Taipei, Taiwan / 2011
- Interview on National Public Radio / 2010
- Baltimore Style Magazine
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum | Videos for Educators
- mart designboom ICFF NYC, May 2005 / 2006 / 2007
- Windows on Industrial Design, IDSA / 2005 National Conference
- “Dish,” International Design for the Home, PAPress, New York / 2005
- Designboom international design competitions
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.