Complete Your MLS Online and Advance Your Career
MLT to MLS
Classes begin in Spring 2024
Stevenson University Online’s Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science is designed for Medical Laboratory Technicians who want to take their career to the next level. We offer aspiring Medical Laboratory Scientists a flexible option to gain the skills and knowledge needed to advance in their field, while also balancing their professional and personal lives. Our program is accredited by NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences). Students who have already passed the MLT American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC) examination and are currently working in the clinical setting are not required to complete clinical practicum hours.
Top Careers for MLS Graduates
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Clinical Researcher
- Clinical Supervisor
- Immunohematology Technologist
- Infection Control Specialist
- Laboratory Quality Assurance Auditor
- Medical Laboratory Manager
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)
- Medical Technologist
- Molecular Diagnostics Technologist
- Research Laboratory Technician
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Julia, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended
- Associate degree in MLT
- Proof of ASCP certification
$460.00 per credit / $1,380.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
- We offer financial aid packages to those who qualify.
- Stevenson University will accept a maximum of 70 undergraduate transfer credits from a regionally accredited community college and 90 undergraduate credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution.
Students in the online Bachelor’s in MLS program will take courses including:
- MLS 338 Molecular & Immunologic Diagnostics
- MLS 335 Clinical Laboratory Management
- MLS 405 Transfusion Medicine
- MLS 410 Hematology II
- MLS 420 Clinical Microbiology II
- MLS 425 Clinical Chemistry II