Explore Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems
Stevenson University Online’s Computer Information Systems (CIS) program is designed for working adult students interested in pursuing or advancing their technical career in support of organizations. Employers are seeking highly-skilled professionals who know how to utilize technology to improve the organization’s competitive edge. The program consists of core courses in applied programming, network, and database design followed by an in-depth career-focused track in software design or network design. The in-depth practical application of computer technology prepares graduates to succeed in the workplace as a well-versed technology professional. Many graduates of this bachelor’s degree program elect to continue their education at the graduate level by pursuing a Master’s in Business and Technology Management or in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics. CIS students will develop a portfolio of essential skills valued by employers. They will become problem solvers who know how to think analytically, assess business problems, and design the best technology solutions.
Careers for Computer Information Systems Graduates
- Business Analyst
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Multimedia Designer
- Network Administrator
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Julia, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems.
- Completed online application
- First-Time College Students – Submit an official high school transcript listing diploma. If applying with a GED, an official transcript must be submitted with a score of 145 or higher.
- Transfer Students with 15 college credits or more – Submit official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If there are fewer than 15 credits, submit an official high school transcript listing diploma. If applying with a GED, an official transcript must be submitted with a score of 145 or higher.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work
Credit for Prior Learning
Through Stevenson University’s Credit for Prior Learning Program, undergraduate students are eligible to earn up to 30 credits for what they have learned through their previous work and life experiences. Stevenson University Online offers several options for assessing and awarding college credit for prior learning. For more information, visit our Credit for Prior Learning page.
$460.00 Per Credit / $1,380.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
- We offer financial aid packages to those who qualify.
- Stevenson University will accept a maximum of 70 undergraduate transfer credits from a regionally accredited community college and 90 undergraduate credits from a regionally accredited four-year institution.
Some of the Courses You Could Take
- Management Information Systems
- Network Technologies
- Advanced Windows Server Architecture & Administration
Many CIS graduates elect to continue their education at the graduate level at Stevenson University Online by pursuing a Master’s in Digital Transformation and Innovation or in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics.