A Path to Leadership in Communications
The way we communicate is constantly changing. Leaders today need to know how to respond in moments of conflict and change, engage with diverse audiences, and optimize communications in a complex, evolving world. While an understanding of a wide variety of tactics is key, a deeper understanding of communications strategies and applicable methods and skills are essential to developing effective leadership in communications and delivering our messages in a diverse world.
Stevenson’s Master’s in Communication online program will prepare you for leadership roles in communications by focusing on advanced topics in the field. These include public relations and crisis communications, intercultural communication, and leadership through conflict and change. Our 36-credit program provides you with a foundation for successful communications leadership and the frameworks necessary for the practical application of communication skills, theories, and strategies in both personal and professional settings.
Flexible Pacing, Personalized Support
Our program is offered in convenient 8-week online sessions, 6-times per year—spring, summer, and fall. This allows you to pursue your master’s degree in the format and timeframe that works best for you.
Since our founding in 1947, Stevenson has been known for our personalized approach to education, experienced and accessible faculty who teach and mentor, and a strong career focus so that what you learn today can be applied on the job tomorrow. From your faculty to your success coach, you will have the individualized attention and support that make a difference in your education and your professional goals.
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master’s in Communication program.
- Completed online application.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Personal statement.
$685.00 Per Credit / $2,055.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- Stevenson University offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your online Master’s in Communication by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
- Cultures and Communication
- Communication Ethics in the Public Sphere
- Interpersonal Communication
- Conflict Communication and Leadership
- Media Literacy
- Communication, Technology and Society