CCBC & Stevenson’s Online ATB Program In Nursing
Stevenson University Online and the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) have formed a Nursing ATB program partnership that will allow students to expedite the process of earning their nursing degree. Students accepted into the Associate to Bachelor’s (ATB) option may begin courses toward a baccalaureate degree in nursing through Stevenson University Online while they are simultaneously completing their associate degree in nursing with CCBC’s ATB option.
Stevenson University’s ATB option is offered in 8-week sessions, with the exception of NATB 424 Health in the Community which is taught in a full semester. The program is flexible and convenient with courses initially offered in a hybrid format, and eventually transitioning to a fully online format. Students in the CCBC ATB option can begin twice each academic year in the fall and spring semesters. The program length is 10 terms, including winter and summer sessions and takes approximately three years to complete. Eligible CCBC nursing students have the opportunity to enroll in the ATB option and Stevenson courses either at the beginning of their first or second year of the CCBC Nursing program.
The baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in nursing at Stevenson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- GPS 200 Adult Learning Theory & Practice
- NATB 330 Physical Assessment (ATB 1.0 only)
- NATB 313 Professional Seminar I
- NATB 315 Information Technology in Nursing and Health Care
- NATB 414 Nursing Leadership for RNs
- NATB 415 Professional Seminar II
- NATB 418 Nursing Research for RNs
- NATB 424 Health in the Community*
- NATB 434 Professional Seminar III
- NATB 312 Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology (ATB 2.0 only)
Additional Program Requirements
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Composition & Writing from Sources
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
General Education Courses
Through Stevenson University Online’s Articulated College Transfer (SUO ACT), nursing students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) in nursing have satisfied all general education requirements for Stevenson University Online’s ATB and RN to BS options. Students are required to complete 120 credits to earn the bachelor of science in nursing.
Students must successfully pass the NCLEX-RN prior to taking Stevenson’s NATB 424 – Health in the Community course.
A part of NURS 424 Health in the Community is a 45-hour clinical experience that provides registered nurse students an opportunity to immerse themselves in community-focused healthcare. Theoretical concepts will be applied in a mentored clinical experience where public or community health concerns can be identified. The setting will be selected under the guidance of the faculty. Students will explore nursing care provided to groups within the community based on nursing research and using the nursing process, community assessment, goal setting and community planning.
What are the Admissions deadlines?
For a Fall semester start, the deadline to apply is January 31.
For a Spring semester start, the deadline to apply is August 31.
What is an online hybrid nursing program?
Hybrid courses combine face-to-face instruction with online learning. Students will begin with onsite evening courses and progress toward a completely online nursing program.
When am I eligible to start the ATB online nursing program option?
CCBC nursing students are eligible to apply for the online nursing ATB 1.0 Option upon acceptance into CCBC’s nursing program as they begin their first year of nursing courses. Additionally, CCBC nursing students are eligible to apply for the ATB 2.0 Option when they are ready to begin their second year of CCBC nursing program.
How long will it take me to graduate?
Each student’s expected timeframe to graduation is unique. We can provide you with an unofficial credit evaluation to identify your predicted graduation timeline from Stevenson University Online.
Why choose Stevenson University Online?
- Stevenson University has an exceptional reputation in the healthcare community of graduating nurses who are prepared for the rigors of the field.
- Graduates from Stevenson nursing programs have a high-rate of career success. Within six months of graduation, nearly 99 percent of our surveyed 2017-2018 Stevenson University Online graduates were employed or continuing their education.
- Each Stevenson nursing student works individually with a Student Success Coach. The Coaches support students to help them reach their goals and accommodate their work schedules, financial situations, and family and personal obligations. The Coaches also help students create a path to graduation and assist them in visualizing and achieving their goals.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-531-7118.
|Tuition Per Credit||$396.00*||Cost per Course|
Stevenson University Online’s ATB option for nursing has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
Students enrolled at CCBC are eligible to receive Stevenson University Online’s Preferred Tuition Rate which includes the opportunity to reduce tuition costs by 20 percent. Stevenson University and CCBC’s partnership is one of many relationships with employers and academic institutions across the region that offers ambitious individuals an accessible avenue for obtaining a valuable education.
To see a full list of our partners, visit our Partnerships page. For more information about the tuition discount available through CCBC’s partnership with Stevenson, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-531-7118.
*This represents a 20 percent reduction on tuition to all CCBC ATB students.