Stevenson University Online and Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) have formed an ATB Nursing partnership that will allow students to expedite the process of earning their nursing degree. Students accepted into the online Associate to Bachelor's nursing program option may begin courses toward a baccalaureate degree in nursing through Stevenson's ATB option while they are simultaneously completing their associate degree in nursing at AACC.
Stevenson University's ATB Nursing option is offered in 8 week sessions, with the exception of NATB 424 Health in the Community which is taught in a full semester. The program is flexible and convenient with courses initially offered in a hybrid format, eventually transitioning to a fully online format. AACC students in the ATB option can begin twice each academic year in the fall and spring semesters. The program length is 10 terms, including winter and summer sessions and takes approximately three years to complete. Eligible AACC nursing students have the opportunity to enroll in the ATB option and Stevenson courses at the beginning of their second year of the AACC Nursing program.
The baccalaureate and master's degree programs in nursing at Stevenson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- GPS 200 Adult Learning Theory & Practice
- NATB 313 Professional Seminar I
- NATB 315 Information Technology in Nursing and Health Care
- NATB 414 Nursing Leadership for RNs
- NATB 415 Professional Seminar II
- NATB 418 Nursing Research for RNs
- NATB 424 Health in the Community*
- NATB 434 Professional Seminar III
- NATB 312 Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology
Additional Program Requirements
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Composition & Writing from Sources
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
General Education Courses
Through Stevenson University Online’s Articulated College Transfer (SUO ACT), nursing students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) in nursing have satisfied all general education requirements for Stevenson University Online’s ATB and RN to BS online options. Students are required to complete 120 credits from our online courses to earn a bachelor of science in nursing.
Students must successfully pass the NCLEX-RN prior to taking Stevenson's NATB 424 – Health in the Community course.
A part of NURS 424 Health in the Community is a 45-hour clinical experience that provides registered nurse students an opportunity to immerse themselves in community-focused healthcare. Theoretical concepts will be applied in a mentored clinical experience where public or community health concerns can be identified. The setting will be selected under the guidance of the faculty. Students will explore nursing care provided to groups within the community based on nursing research and using the nursing process, community assessment, goal setting and community planning.
What are the Admissions deadlines?
AACC students will follow Stevenson University Online Admissions deadlines listed on our Important Dates page here.
What is a hybrid course or ATB in Nursing format?
Hybrid courses combine face-to-face and online learning. Students will begin with onsite evening courses and progress toward a completely online nursing program.
The ATB in Nursing option allows you to pursue an associate's from AACC and then a bachelor's from Stevenson for a reduced rate.
When am I eligible to start the associate's the bachelor's degree in nursing online option?
AACC nursing students are eligible to apply for the ATB 2.0 Option when they are ready to begin their second year of AACC's nursing program.
How long will it take for me to graduate?
Each student's expected timeframe to graduation is unique. We can provide you with an unofficial credit evaluation to identify your predicted graduation timeline from Stevenson University Online.
Why choose Stevenson University's online Nursing program?
- Stevenson University has an exceptional reputation in the healthcare community of graduating nurses who are prepared for the rigors of the field.
- Graduates from Stevenson nursing programs have a high-rate of career success. Within six months of graduation, nearly 99 percent of our surveyed 2017-2018 Stevenson University Online graduates were employed or continuing their education.
- Each Stevenson nursing student works individually with a Student Success Coach. The Coaches support students to help them reach their goals and accommodate their work schedules, financial situations, and family and personal obligations. The Coaches also help students create a path to graduation and assist them in visualizing and achieving their goals.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-531-7118.
Tuition Per Credit $396.00* Cost per Course
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
Students enrolled at AACC are eligible to receive Stevenson University Online’s Preferred Tuition Rate which includes the opportunity to reduce tuition costs by 20 percent. Stevenson University and AACCs partnership is one of many relationships with employers and academic institutions across the region that offers ambitious individuals an accessible avenue for obtaining a valuable education.
To see a full list of our partners, visit our Partnerships page. For more information about the tuition discount available through AACC's partnership with Stevenson, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-531-7118.
*This represents a 20 percent reduction on tuition to all AACC ATB students.