The fifth annual FMI Awards—put on by Stevenson’s FMI Club—took place on Sunday, April 10, both in person and via livestream. You can see all 12 of the nominees (out of a greater number of submissions) on our Vimeo site. Many thanks to our three judges: Alexander Hammett, Dimitrios Reiti, and Michelle Rossignol (Class of 2010).
The FMIs offered awards in 8 categories this year: Best Picture, Best Documentary, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Actor, Best Actress.
Our 2022 sponsor was, once again, Blackmagic Design, which offered a copy of Resolve Studio and a Speed Editor for Best Picture. All the other prizes received Amazon gift cards.
Here is a list of the winners:
• Best Picture: “Missing Figure” (Jeremiah Battle)
• Best Documentary: “Carmen” (Sam Giordano)
• Best Director: Ian Whisner – “Trail of the Terrestrial”
• Best Cinematography: Devin Maldonado – “Hank”
• Best Screenplay: Ian Whisner – “Trail of the Terrestrial”
• Best Editing: Devin Maldonado – “Hank”
• Best Actor: Simon Wickwire – “Drive-Thru”
• Best Actress: Allison Burke – “Peter and Zan”