- BS in Mechanical Engineering at University of Maryland
- MS in Mechanical Engineering at University of Maryland
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering at University of Maryland
- Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Mobility Team
- University of West Florida, Exercise Science and Community Health
- University of Maryland School of Medicine, Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science
- Biomechanics, Falls, Falls Injury, Stroke Rehabilitation
- Borrelli J, Haslach HW. Experimental characterization of axillary/underarm interface pressure in swing-through crutch walking. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 2013; 50:423-436.
- Borrelli J, Creath RA, Pizac D, Hsiao HY, Sanders OP, Rogers MW. Perturbation-evoked lateral steps in older adults: Why take two steps when one will do? Clinical Biomechanics. 2019, 63:41-47.
- Borrelli J, Zabukovec J, Jones S, Junod C, Maki BE. Age-related changes in the capacity to select early-onset upper-limb reactions to either recover balance or protect against impact. Experimental Gerontology. 2019, 125:1-13
- Borrelli J, Creath RA, Rogers, MW. Protective arm reactions are modulated with fall height. Journal of Biomechanics. 2020, 99: 1-10.
- Borrelli J, Komisar V, Novak A, Maki BE, King E. The effect of handrail loads in calculation of the center of pressure location during anteroposterior perturbation. Journal of Biomechanics. 2020: 1-13.
- Borrelli J, Creath R, Pizac D, Gray V, Rogers MW. Untangling biomechanical differences in perturbation-induced stepping strategies for lateral balance stability in older adults. Journal of Biomechanics. 2021: 114: 1-14.
- Borrelli J, Creath R, Westlake K, Rogers MW. Age-related changes in protective arm reaction kinematics, kinetics, and neuromuscular activation during evoked forward falls. Human Movement Science. 2022: 81: 1-13.
- Shen KH, Prajapati SK, Borrelli J, Gray VL, Westlake KP, Rogers MW, Hsiao HY. Neuromechanical Control of Impact Absorption during Induced Lower Limb Loading in Individuals Post-Stroke. Scientific Reports. 2022: 12: 1-12.
- Jeon W, Borrelli J, Hsiao HY. Effects of visual input absence on balance recovery responses to lateral standing surface perturbations in older and younger adults. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. Under Review
- Borrelli J, Creath R, Rogers MW. The timing and amplitude of muscular activity preceding impact, not arm kinematics, is modulated with fall velocity in protective arm reactions. Journal of Biomechanics. Under Review
- Biofluids, BME230
- Biomaterials, BME315
- Bioinstrumentation, BME335
- Biomechanics, BME380
- Independent Research, BME365
DISCLAIMER: The content of this faculty profile page was created, authored, and published by the identified faculty member. Stevenson University (SU) makes absolutely no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of information published. The views and opinions expressed on this page or any links made available are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of SU. The content of this profile page has not been reviewed or approved by Stevenson University.