Stevenson Celebrates Dedication of New 117-Acre East Campus
On Wednesday, April 12, dignitaries from the State of Maryland and Baltimore County as well as Stevenson leadership, staff, faculty, and students gathered to celebrate the dedication of East Campus, the university’s new 117-acre expansion.
As East Campus nears completion, it has already been hosting Stevenson NCAA DIII and Club Sport practices and competitions. East Campus facilities include:
- Beynon rubber 8-Lane Outdoor Track, 2 sprint straightaways, 2 horizontal jump runways, 2 pole vault runways
- Throwing area with a shot-put circle, discus and hammer throw areas, and javelin runway
- Artificial turf field for field hockey
- Baseball and softball fields
- Soccer and lacrosse multi-purpose fields
- Women’s 6K, men’s 8K, and high school 5K cross country courses through fields and woodlands
- Open-air pavilion and storage and athletic maintenance facilities
The campus is connected Stevenson’s North Campus Academic Hub by a new road and walkway.
What’s next? The completion of the new 42,000-square-foot Philip A. Zaffere Library slated to open for the upcoming Fall 2023 semester.