Bold leadership. Dedication to community. An ambitious and innovative approach to academics. Stevenson is seeking candidates for the Presidential Fellowship that embody these characteristics and will enrich its University community in the classroom, on the athletic fields, and on our campus.
Established in recognition of Dr. Kevin J. Manning, president of Stevenson University since 2000, the Presidential Fellowship is awarded to incoming freshmen who have the potential to make a lasting impact on the Stevenson community. As a national leader in career-preparation education, Stevenson is the ideal place to talented, intellectually curious, and driven students to launch successful careers.
Presidential Fellows Receive
- Full-tuition scholarship renewable for four years
- Invitation to participate in activities and events to encourage personal and intellectual growth
- Fellowship is only available to freshman applicants
- Submit complete admission application by November 1 (postmark deadline for mailed materials).
- Submit complete Presidential Fellowship Application by November 1.
- Complete all standardized testing by November 15 (October ACT and/or November SAT are final test dates to be considered)
- Finalists will be invited to interview on campus in early February
All complete applications for freshman admission are read in the order in which they are received with admission decisions mailed approximately 3-4 weeks after completion (earliest notification date is October 15). All students admitted to the University are then automatically reviewed a second time for the SU Merit-Based Scholarship Program. Official scholarship offers are mailed starting in December.
The Presidential Fellowship Committee meets separately to select finalists. The Committee will consider both your admission application and Presidential Fellowship application in its review. Applicants for the Presidential Fellowship will be notified in their official scholarship award letter if they are a finalist. Finalists will be invited to interview on-campus at one of our Future Stevenson Scholars programs, which are invitation-only visit programs for scholarship recipients held on the first two Saturdays of February. All finalists will be notified by March 1 whether or not they have been designated as a Presidential Fellow.
Students selected as finalists for the Presidential Fellowship do not need to schedule and complete a Founders’ Scholarship interview; the finalist interview also serves as a Founders' Scholarship interview. For more information, visit the Founders’ Scholarship page.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall, Second Floor