Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
Stevenson University was founded in 1947 as Villa Julie College. In 2008, the college adopted the name Stevenson University to reflect its growing size, expanding mission, and breadth of academic offerings. Serving nearly 3,000 undergraduate students as well as 900 online students, the university is committed to providing exceptional experiences, a connection to career, and a community centered on student success.
Facts at a Glance
- 16:1 student-teacher ratio
- 2,979 traditional undergraduate students
- 879 online adult master’s and bachelor’s students
- 33 states (including Maryland) and 6 countries are represented by our student population
- 27 Division III athletic teams
- 60+ student clubs and organizations
- 92 percent of alumni are working or attending graduate or professional school within six months of graduation
- 28+ academic programs, professional minors, and discipline minors
- 21+ online master’s and bachelor’s programs for working adults
* Statistics based on Fall 2017 undergraduate class
- Howard S. Brown School of Business and Leadership
- School of Design
- School of Education
- Sandra R. Berman School of Nursing and Health Professions
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Beverly K. Fine School of the Sciences
- Stevenson University Online
Stevenson’s seventh president, Elliot Hirshman, Ph.D., joined the university in July 2017 after serving as president of San Diego State University since 2011.