Theatre and Media Performance
Join the program that will have you ready to perform—on stage and on film.
The new Theatre and Media Performance program at Stevenson offers a career-oriented curriculum that will prepare you for success in today's entertainment industries.
Bachelor of Science
Unlike traditional theatre programs, Stevenson's bachelor's in Theatre and Media Performance emphasizes the similarities and differences among stage, Internet, video, and film performance. You'll study movement, voice, improvisation, scene analysis, and script analysis within historical and cultural contexts and learn how these skills apply to theatre and media productions. You will gain self-awareness and explore both verbal and nonverbal expression and creative thinking and apply these skills during stage and media performances. You'll also learn how to audition and be prepared to perform for the camera.
- Learn and apply appropriate skills unique to stage, video, Internet, and film performances.
- Creatively communicate verbally and non-verbally.
- Interpret plays and media scripts through literary-style analysis and performance.
- Use collaborative problem-solving skills through all aspects of the production process.
- Integrate interpretations of historical and contemporary artistic styles into performance.
Why Study Theatre and Media Performance?
Through a combination of classroom instruction and performances, you'll gain the skills needed to meet the demands of today's theatre and media careers. A required internship will give you professional exposure and networking opportunities to help put you on your career path. Career options include acting, producing, directing, and other roles in the motion picture and video, performing arts, and broadcasting industries.
- Learn how to audition and be prepared to perform for the camera before you graduate.
- Take advantage of the newly designed, career-oriented curriculum to be ready to work in the ever-evolving entertainment industry.
- Find an internship that meets your personal interests and furthers your career goals.
- Pursue a degree that lets you take courses that you can apply right away, such as Script Analysis, Improvisation, Business of Acting, and more.
Courses & Requirements
Courses and Requirements
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Graduates of our Theatre and Media Performance program embark on many rewarding career choices, including:
• Actor (Stage or screen)
• Stage Manager
• Production Manager
• Company Manager
• Props Manager
• Talent Agent
Curious about internships and job placement after you graduate? Visit our Office of Career Services.