Placement Testing before Mustang Days
Placement testing before Mustang Days will be available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, beginning May 3 - June 11 at 11:00 a.m., excluding May 28 and June 9. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, check-in for placement testing will occur in the Admissions Office, 2nd Floor, Garrison Hall, Owings Mills Campus. On Saturdays, check-in for placement testing will occur in the Brown School of Business and Leadership, Owings Mills Campus.
Placement testing is required for any student who:
- Did not receive an SAT Critical Reading score of at least 500, or above a 44 combined on the ACT English and Reading sub-scores, or has not completed a college English Writing course equivalent to SU's ENG 148 (or higher level English Writing course) with a minimum grade of "C"
- Has not completed at least a 3-credit college Intermediate Algebra course (or higher level Math course) with a minimum of a "C"
For more specific information, please refer to the Placement Testing Brochure.
Placement tests (if needed) must be taken before fall semester registration. Please contact or Philip Gillett, Manager Academic Link, at 443-352-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on placement testing.
Test Day Instructions
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled test time to the Owings Mills Campus.
- Bring a photo id with you.
Information about the ACCUPLACER
ACCUPLACER is a suite of tests that quickly, accurately, and efficiently assess reading, writing, and math skills.
- Tests are untimed and students may leave the testing room to take a break as necessary. Most students taking both English and math tests finish in about two hours.
- NO calculators are permitted on the math test, as an on-screen calculator will appear when needed.
For more information, read the ACCUPLACER Introduction on the CollegeBoard website. We strongly encourage that students review concepts in mathematics, reading, and writing in preparation for the ACCUPLACER. To prepare for the ACCUPLACER, please visit the CollegeBoard Accuplacer Store for a free web-based study app to familiarize yourself with test questions in Elementary Algebra, College-Level Math, Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills. You will have the opportunity to take practice tests in these core content areas. Taking these practice tests will significantly improve your ability to place out of non-credit courses in math and English and into college-level, credited courses. You can also register for the app.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall, Second Floor