Placement Testing will be offered on January 6, 7, 8, and 11 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Placement testing is required for any student who:
- Did not receive an SAT Critical Reading score of at least 520 or has not completed a college English Writing course equivalent to SU's ENG 148 (or higher level English Writing course) with a minimum grade of "C"
- Has not completed at least a 3-credit college Intermediate Algebra course (or higher level Math course) with a minimum of a "C"
Placement tests (if needed) must be taken before spring semester registration. Please contact Terri Wright, Director of Developmental Studies, at 443-352-4953 or email@example.com for additional information on placement testing, or Philip Gillett, Manager Academic Link, at 443-352-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test Day Instructions
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled test time to the Owings Mills Academic Link located in the Caves Sports and Wellness Center.
- Bring a photo ID.
Information about the ACCUPLACER
ACCUPLACER is a suite of tests that quickly, accurately, and efficiently assess reading, writing, and math skills.
- Tests are untimed and students may leave the testing room to take a break as necessary. Most students taking both English and math tests finish in about two hours.
- NO calculators are permitted on the math test, as an on-screen calculator will appear when needed.
For more information, read the ACCUPLACER Introduction on the CollegeBoard website. We strongly encourage that students review concepts in mathematics, reading, and writing in preparation for the ACCUPLACER. To prepare for the ACCUPLACER, please visit the CollegeBoard Accuplacer Store for a free web-based study app to familiarize yourself with test questions in Elementary Algebra, College-Level Math, Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills. You will have the opportunity to take practice tests in these core content areas. Taking these practice tests will significantly improve your ability to place out of non-credit courses in math and English and into college-level, credited courses. You can also register for the app.
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall, Second Floor