Placement testing is required for any student who:
- Did not receive an SAT Critical Reading score of at least 520 or has not completed a college English Writing course equivalent to SU's ENG 148 (or higher level English Writing course) with a minimum grade of "C"
- Has not completed at least a 3-credit college Intermediate Algebra course (or higher level Math course) with a minimum of a "C"
Placement tests (if needed) must be taken before fall semester registration (Mustang Days). Please contact Terri Wright, Director of Developmental Studies, at 443-334-2653 or email@example.com for additional information on placement testing.
Placement Testing Schedule
Stevenson will offer the ACCUPLACER (for English and/or math placement) for incoming fall 2015 freshman students on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays by appointment starting Tuesday, May 5, 2015. Placement testing for transfer students will be administered on their scheduled Mustang Day, if required. To schedule your placement test(s), sign up online.
Sign Up for Placement Testing
Test Day Instructions
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled test time.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Please know your 7-digit SU ID# to login to the test. This ID is located on the lower-left hand corner of your Placement Information Report and your acceptance letter.
- For weekday tests, meet in the Admissions Lobby (located on the second floor of Garrison Hall).
Academic Advising at Placement Testing
Immediately following the test(s), students and guests will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a staff member from the Office of Academic Support to review their test results and understand how these scores impact their fall course schedule.
Information about the ACCUPLACER
ACCUPLACER is a suite of tests that quickly, accurately, and efficiently assess reading, writing, and math skills.
Tests are untimed and students may leave the testing room to take a break as necessary. Most students taking both English and math tests finish in about two hours.
NO calculators are permitted on the math test, as an on-screen calculator will appear when needed.
For more information, read the ACCUPLACER Introduction on the Collegeboard website. We strongly encourage that students review concepts in mathematics, reading, and writing in preparation for the ACCUPLACER. Please visit Prepare for ACCUPLACER to download sample questions and other free resources.
Placement Test Reference Guides
Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall, Second Floor