Skip Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions


Can commuters get a meal plan?

Students who do not live on campus can choose to participate in any of the University's meal plans. We offer several meal plan options to meet the needs of our students. Visit our page on meal plans to see our current options. Commuter students may choose from any meal plan option, though, Plan E is ONLY available to commuters. 

What is a Commuter Card and how can I get one?

A Commuter Card is a discount card provided by Student Activities for commuter students to receive discounts at on-campus dining locations and specific commuter events. Commuters can pick up a card from The Greenzone in the Manuszak Center on the Greenspring Campus and from The Rock in Rockland Center on the Owings Mills Campus. 

Where can I eat on campus?

Both Greenspring and Owings Mills campuses offer a variety of options, from deli subs to pizza, to buffet style dining. Most locations are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and some remain open later into the evening.

Visit our Dining Services website for complete and up to date information about our dining options and hours of operations.

Getting Involved

How do I get involved on campus?

The Student Activities Office offers intentional co-curricular programming that fosters the exploration and development of social skills, leadership skills, and civic engagement in a global society.

Involvement in Student Activities is an important part of the college experience. Activities help a student to grow socially, to foster friendships, to appreciate diversity, to develop management skills and to benefit from leadership roles. Special events, social and club activities, meetings and other events are scheduled for afternoons, evenings and weekends. All students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities and college events. 

What is the Commuter Student Association?

The Commuter Student Association (CSA) represents the interests and needs of the commuting students attending Stevenson University. The CSA plans programs and activities, and represents commuter concerns with University administrators with the goal of improving the college experience for commuter students. As a commuter student, you can also join the CSA and make a difference on campus. 

Email if you have any further questions for the CSA.

Where can I learn about upcoming campus events?

Campus events can be found on the SU Now portal page and on the Student Activities Calendar. Students will also receive text messages about campus events when they register for SU Alert/OPT-IN. It is highly recommended that all students register for SU Alert to receive emergency notification messages on their cell phones. Through the registration process, students may elect to also receive announcements about campus programs and events.

You can OPT-IN for the text alerts that you want to receive. There are four text alert categories that you can opt into:

  • SU News - information about University news and events. There will be one to two of these issued a week.
  • SU Resident Alerts - provides timely emergency information relevant to SU students living on campus.
  • SU Sports News - Mustang athletics event information. These could be frequent during busy sports seasons.
  • SU Student News - messages about student activities, enrollment and financial aid deadlines, and more. There will be no more than one of these issued a day.
Campus Resources

How do I register for emergency alerts?

The SUAlert emergency text message system is our most direct and accurate means of notifying our students with breaking information. By registering for this program, you will receive a text message notification about campus closures and delays. This information would also be posted on the homepage. 

Where can I receive tutoring and academic support?

The Academic Link offers tutoring and academic support services on both thethe Greenspring and Owings Mills campuses, offering one-on-one mentoring programs, testing centers and tutor services.

Visit the Academic Link site for locations and hours of operations.

How do I put money on my SUOne card?

All students, faculty, and staff are required to have a Stevenson University SUOne card and to show the card if requested by a University official. The SUOne card is used to purchase meals in the University dining facilities, to check out materials or equipment from the library, to purchase software from the University Store and for accessing University buildings. There is a $25 fee for each replacement card. You can add more SUOne money on your card through Blackboard under SUOne card deposit.

Do I have access to the Wellness Center?

All students have access to health & wellness services. The Wellness Center offers limited primary care services by appointment with our nurse practitioners or physician. A minimal fee will be charged to the student's account for services and supplies. The Wellness Center does not accept private health insurance. The Center provides numerous informational brochures and videos addressing health issues and will offer assistance with community referrals.

Visit the Wellness Center site for specific information about services, location, and hours of operation. 

Do I have access to the University's fitness facilities?

Yes, all students have access to our fitness facilities after displaying their SUOne card. Fitness centers are located in the Mustang Stadium and Caves Sports & Wellness Center building on the Owings Mills Campus and in the Manuszak Center on the Greenspring Campus.

Where is the Registrar’s Office?

The Registrar’s Office is located in the Dawson Center on the Greenspring Campus. The Registrar manages many administrative processes related to academics at Stevenson University.

Where is the University Store?

The Greenspring University Store is located on the first floor of the Manuszak Student Union. The University Store has available required and recommended books for traditional courses and supplies for the classroom. A wide variety of other goods and services are for sale including accessories, clothing, gift item and magazines. The store locations are both open Monday through Saturday. Merchandise and textbooks can be ordered through the store's website. 

Visit the University Store website for information about ordering items and store hours. 

Where can I study on campus?

Stevenson University provides two locations for students to study, work on papers, hang-out, meet friends, read, and watch videos. The larger book, periodical and media collections are located at the Greenspring Campus, but the Brown School of Business Library at Owings Mills also features business, forensics, information technology and leisure reading titles.

Both libraries offer study environments including wireless network access, individual study carrels, media listening/viewing rooms, group and quiet study areas and a computer and laboratory/library instruction classroom. Library hours at Greenspring during the regular semester are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. The Brown School of Business and Leadership Library features extended 24 hour service during the regular semester. Students will need their SUOne card in order to borrow circulating materials from either location.

Where is the Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts?

The Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts are located on the Owings Mills Campus on the second floor of Garrison Hall. Student Accounts is dedicated to assisting students with their account needs throughout their experience at Stevenson University. The University offers a variety of financial aid packages and scholarship programs. The Financial Aid Office helps students navigate through the process of financing their education.


Where can I get a Parking Permit?

All personal vehicles that will be parked on the Stevenson University property must be registered within five days of arrival at the University. Parking hang tags can be obtained at the Owings Mills Campus in the Ratcliffe Community Center. 

Where can I park?

Commuter students are permitted to park on both Owings Mills and Greenspring campuses free of charge with a hang tag and registration. See our commuter parking and transportation page for more information and parking maps. 

Where can I find the shuttle schedule?

Stevenson University's shuttle service operates throughout the day from Monday through Saturday during the fall and spring semesters, excluding holidays. The shuttle transports students between campuses and runs all day from the Owings Mills Campus and the Greenspring Campus, and back. A separate shuttle is also available to connect students to the Owings Mills North Campus. This service is provided to ensure students safe and reliable transportation to and from class. View the shuttle schedule on the Transportation site.


Request Info Visit Apply