Stevenson University Online and the College of Southern Maryland (CSM) have formed a partnership that will allow students to expedite the process of earning their nursing degree. Students accepted into the Associate to Bachelor's (ATB) option may begin courses toward a baccalaureate degree in nursing through Stevenson's ATB option while they are simultaneously completing their associate degree in nursing at CSM.
Stevenson University's ATB option is offered in 8-week sessions, with the exception of NATB 424 Health in the Community which is taught in a full semester. The program is flexible and convenient with courses offered in a fully online format. CSM students in the ATB option can begin in any of the 8-week sessions once they have started the nursing program at CSM. The program length is 8-10 terms, including summer sessions and takes approximately three years to complete. Eligible CSM nursing students have the opportunity to enroll in the ATB option and Stevenson courses once they start the CSM Nursing Program.
The baccalaureate and master's degree programs in nursing at Stevenson University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- GPS 200 Adult Learning Theory & Practice
- NATB 313 Professional Seminar I
- NATB 315 Information Technology in Nursing and Health Care
- NATB 414 Nursing Leadership for RNs
- NATB 415 Professional Seminar II
- NATB 418 Nursing Research for RNs
- NATB 424 Health in the Community*
- NATB 434 Professional Seminar III
- NATB 312 Physical Assessment & Pathophysiology
Additional Program Requirements
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Composition & Writing from Sources
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
General Education Courses
Through Stevenson University Online’s Articulated College Transfer (SUO ACT), nursing students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) in nursing have satisfied all general education requirements for Stevenson University Online’s ATB and RN to BS options. Students are required to complete 120 credits to earn the bachelor of science in nursing.
Students must successfully pass the NCLEX-RN prior to taking Stevenson's NATB 424 – Health in the Community course.
A part of NURS 424 Health in the Community is a 45-hour clinical experience that provides registered nurse students an opportunity to immerse themselves in community-focused healthcare. Theoretical concepts will be applied in a mentored clinical experience where public or community health concerns can be identified. The setting will be selected under the guidance of the faculty. Students will explore nursing care provided to groups within the community based on nursing research and using the nursing process, community assessment, goal setting and community planning.
What are the Admissions deadlines?
Please reference your CSM ATB program packet for admissions deadlines.
When am I eligible to start the ATB option?
CSM nursing students are eligible to apply for the ATB 1.0 Option (first semester start) upon acceptance into CSM’s nursing program as they begin their first year of nursing courses. Additionally, CSM nursing students are eligible to apply for the ATB 2.0 Option once they complete their first semester of nursing at CSM.
How long will it take me to graduate?
Each student's expected timeframe to graduation is unique. We can provide you with an unofficial credit evaluation to identify your predicted graduation timeline from Stevenson University Online.
Why choose Stevenson University Online?
- Stevenson University has an exceptional reputation in the healthcare community of graduating nurses who are prepared for the rigors of the field.
- Graduates from Stevenson nursing programs have a high-rate of career success. Within six months of graduation, nearly 99 percent of our surveyed 2017-2018 Stevenson University Online graduates were employed or continuing their education.
- Each Stevenson nursing student works individually with a Student Success Coach. The Coaches support students to help them reach their goals and accommodate their work schedules, financial situations, and family and personal obligations. The Coaches also help students create a path to graduation and assist them in visualizing and achieving their goals.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-531-7118.
Tuition Per Credit $396.00* Cost per Course
Stevenson University Online has simplified the cost of your education by eliminating all fees.
Students enrolled at CSM are eligible to receive Stevenson University Online’s Preferred Tuition Rate which includes the opportunity to reduce tuition costs by 20 percent. Stevenson University and CSM’s partnership is one of many relationships with employers and academic institutions across the region that offers ambitious individuals an accessible avenue for obtaining a valuable education.
To see a full list of our partners, visit our Partnerships page. For more information about the tuition discount available through CCBC's partnership with Stevenson, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-531-7118.
*This represents a 20 percent reduction on tuition to all CSM ATB students.