OIT Enforcement Policy
- PURPOSE: Policies governing technology resources are enforced by the Office of Information Technology (OIT)
- SCOPE: Applies to all policies issued by OIT.
- User: Someone who is provided access to technology resources, including students, faculty, staff, contractors and other approved individuals or groups.
- Cloud computing service: Any function provided by an agreement with an external organization that includes the ability to store or transmit electronic information.
- Software: Any code, program or application designed to perform specific functions on a device.
- Technology resource: Any device, software or service that stores or transmits electronic information as part of its function.
- Device: Any equipment or hardware that stores or transmits electronic information. This includes computers, mobile devices, network equipment, phones, and server systems.
- Exceptions to any OIT policy must be approved by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) or designated representative.
- Violations of any OIT policy will be managed by the CIO or designated representative:
- Determining the severity level of any violation.
- Determining whether the violation requires any immediate actions before any final adjudication.
- Escalating minor violations to the appropriate department head for faculty and staff or the Dean of Students for students.
- Escalating major violations to University leadership for appropriate actions, including suspension, termination, expulsion and referral to appropriate external organizations (federal, state, local law enforcement).
(Approved May 2020)