We are here for you throughout your career.
Due to the COVID-19 procedures implemented by Stevenson University, the Career Connections staff are working remotely. Career Advisors are available for career advising appointments by phone or using our video conferencing software, BlueJeans. We are not scheduling In-Person appointments through August 2020.
Stevenson University supports life-long career development for our students and alumni. We are pleased to offer lifetime advising to our graduates. You may also access Handshake, which provides access to thousands of career opportunities locally and nationally.
- During the first full year after graduation, all alumni have unlimited access to our online resources and personal career advising. Career Advising is offered in-person, via phone, or via BlueJeans, our online video conferencing software.
- Beginning one-year post graduation, alumni may receive up to three career advising appointments per calendar year.
- Appointments can be scheduled online via Handshake or by calling our front desk at 444-352-4477.
Stevenson Career Advisors are available to help you with your career decision making. We can help you to polish your resume, refresh your job search strategy or even identify a new career path. We offer self-assessment tools such as CliftonStrengths and the Strong Interest Inventory.
- Handshake - All alumni are eligible to use our online jobs database, Handshake, to search for jobs. Alumni who graduated after 2012 will not be able to access their account until it is updated with a valid, non-Stevenson email; please contact the Career Connection Center by email, email@example.com or phone, 443-352-4477 so that we can update your email address. Alumni who graduated before 2012 can request an account by going to the Handshake login and clicking on “Sign up for an account” and following the on-screen prompts.
- CareerShift - CareerShift searches and organizes jobs posted on all public career sites and job boards. It allows you to search, select and store job listings, research companies, and manage your job hunt in your own personalized interface. Contact the Career Connection Center for information on how to set up your account.
- Mustang Career Mentors Program - The Mustang Career Mentors Program connects student to Stevenson alumni and community partners to provide networking opportunities and career advice. Students are able to search mentors based on their major and interests. They review the matched mentors and connect to mentors of interest through the system. Mentors choose the number of Mentees they wish to have at any time and receive a system email notification when a student asks to connect with them. For more information, visit the Mustang Career Mentors Program page.
Policy for Handshake and CareerShift Accounts