Family and friends were honored to join Kevin J. Manning, Ph.D., to celebrate his legacy.
On June 10, a farewell gala was held to pay tribute to the vision and leadership of President Emeritus Kevin J. Manning, Ph.D., and to mark his retirement. Friend and former SU Trustee Timothy F. Maloney, Esq., performed as master of ceremonies and shared many anecdotes. We were also proud to be joined by the Rev. John W. Swope, former President of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Baltimore, who gave the blessing; and by Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, Ph.D., President of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, who delivered the keynote address.
To honor Manning’s legacy, proceeds from the event will support the Kevin J. and Sara G. Manning Scholarship fund, which benefits students who are the first in their family to attend college. Manning Scholars are selected as incoming freshmen and continue to receive the award until they graduate. The scholarship has already aided one deserving student in achieving a Stevenson University degree.
If you're interested in making a gift to support the Kevin J. and Sara G. Manning Scholarship, please click here.
We are grateful for the generous support of these event sponsors*:
Academic Excellence Premier Sponsor
Building and Expansion Platinum Sponsor
Career Readiness Gold Sponsors
- PMM Companies
- PNC Bank
- SC&H Group
- Orsia '79 and Jay Young
Dynamic Student Life Silver Sponsors
- Asset Strategy Consultants
- Kevin G. Byrnes
- The Honorable Francis and Mrs. Janet Kelly
- Kelly & Associates
- Gary A. and Joan O. Pyne
- Meg and Guy Sheetz
- T. Rowe Price
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
Flourishing Traditions Green & White Sponsors
- Alpha Landscape Contractors/Matis Warfield
- The Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Baltimore Business Journal
- Bank of America
- Sandra and Malcom Berman
- Brotman Financial Group, Inc.
- Brown Advisory
- Bunting Family Foundation
- The Daily Record
- Mr. and Mrs. Samuel M. Dell III
- Pamela O. Felton
- Hubble Bisbee Real Estate Group
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore
- Johns Hopkins University of Medicine
- LifeBridge Health
- M&T Bank
- The Bradley T. MacDonald Family Foundation
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- Carol Lee Menning '69
- Miles & Stockbridge, P.C.
- Murthy Law Firm
- Margaret Picciotto '67
- Sandy Spring Bank
- James and Jacqueline Stradtner
- United Way of Central Maryland
- University of Maryland, St. Joseph Medical Center
- Scott and Susan ’70 Wilfong
*Sponsor commitments confirmed at the time this issue went to press.