Have a Question?
Owings Mills, MD 21117-7804
Transfer Scholarship for Fall 2019/Spring 2020
GPA and credits considered: Earned by February 1 for fall start and October 1 for spring start. Transfer students who have demonstrated significant academic achievement may be awarded the Stevenson University Transfer Scholarship. All eligibility requirements listed below must be met for consideration. This merit-based award may reach $21,000 annually for a maximum of four consecutive years. On average, transfer applicants who have completed 28 credits or more receive amounts similar to those outlined in the chart below. All applicants are automatically reviewed.
Fall 2018/Spring 2019
|Cumulative GPA||Average Award|
|3.8 or greater|
3.5 to 3.79
3.35 to 3.49
3.0 to 3.34
2.5 to 2.99
Bold leadership. Dedication to community. An ambitious and innovative approach to academics. Stevenson is seeking candidates for the Transfer Fellowship that embody these characteristics and will enrich its University community.
Established in recognition of Dr. Kevin J. Manning, president of Stevenson University from 2000-2017, the Transfer Fellowship is awarded to incoming transfer students who have the potential to make a lasting impact on the Stevenson community. As a national leader in career-preparation education, Stevenson is the ideal place to talented, intellectually curious, and driven students to launch successful careers.
Transfer Fellows Receive
- Full-tuition scholarship renewable for four years
- Invitation to participate in activities and events to encourage personal and intellectual growth
- Submit complete admission application by October 18, 2019 for spring 2020 (postmark deadline for mailed materials).
- Submit Transfer Fellowship Application by October 18, 2019.
- Finalists will be invited to interview on campus
All complete applications for freshman admission are read in the order in which they are received with admission decisions mailed approximately 3-4 weeks after completion. All students admitted to the University are then automatically reviewed a second time for the SU Merit-Based Scholarship Program. Official scholarship offers are included inside the letter of admission for students who qualify.
The Transfer Fellowship Committee meets separately to select finalists. The Committee will consider both your admission application and Transfer Fellowship application in its review. Applicants for the Presidential Fellowship will be notified in their official scholarship award letter if they are a finalist. All finalists will be notified by April 12, 2019 whether or not they have been designated as a Transfer Fellow.
Please note: The full-tuition Fellowship scholarship cannot be combined with any other Stevenson awards. The scholarship does not cover the cost of room, board, and fees. Stevenson Online students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Honors Incentive for Transfer Students
Members of PTK or another college honors society or program may be considered for the Stevenson University Honors Incentive for Transfer Students. Candidates must meet all eligibility requirements. This merit-based award is $2,000 annually for up to four consecutive years and can be awarded in addition to the SU Transfer Scholarship.
- Complete the Stevenson University undergraduate admissions application process, including all required admissions documentation, by May 1 for fall and November 1 for spring. Applications completed after these dates are considered for scholarships on a funds available basis only.
- No additional separate scholarship application is required.
- Receive acceptance to a SU traditional bachelor degree program, and maintain full-time continuous enrollment in a traditional, non-accelerated program.
- Must be first-time bachelor's degree-seeking applicant.
- If seeking the SU Honors Incentive for Transfer Students, provide proof of membership in Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) or other college honors program or society.
Seven Oaks Scholarship
Transfer students are eligible for an additional $2,000 award for completing a Seven Oaks Scholarship Interview at the Owings Mills Campus. This $2,000 scholarship would be included on top of any merit-based award received.
Find out if you qualify for the Seven Oaks Scholarship.
Theatre & Media Performance Specialty Scholarship for Transfer StudentsStevenson University is proud to offer applicants wishing to major in Theatre & Media Performance an opportunity to compete for several scholarships ranging from $5,000 to $8,000. These major-specific scholarships may be combined with other Stevenson merit-based awards and are renewable for up to four years of undergraduate, non-accelerated study.
Transfer Applicants Eligibility Requirements
- To be considered for a Theatre & Media Performance scholarship, students must have completed at least 6 credits of college-level theatre courses with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Students must have submitted all application materials for university admission, official transcripts from all previously attended colleges, the required essay, and schedule an audition by March 2, 2018. Learn more about applying to Stevenson.
- Finalist will be contacted to schedule an audition. Students selected for the audition are to present two contrasting monologues, totaling two minutes. One of the monologues may be classical, but not both. The theatre and media performance faculty will adjudicate the auditions, which will take place on Saturday, March 10, 2018.
Applicants Must Complete
- Essay: In 500 words or less, tell us what you hope to achieve by studying theatre and media performance at Stevenson University. This essay may be emailed to email@example.com.
Visual Arts ScholarshipsStevenson’s School of Design offers portfolio-based Visual Arts Scholarships to incoming freshman and transfer students who plan to major in Fashion Design, Film & Moving Image, or Graphic Design. Six to eight scholarships per program will be awarded to students starting in these majors at Stevenson for the fall semester. Awards are $2,000-$5,000 and can be combined with a Stevenson merit-based scholarship award from Admissions. Awards are renewable for four years.
After the submission deadline, all portfolios submitted will be reviewed and scholarship finalists will be selected. Scholarship finalists will be invited to campus to meet with faculty for an interview. At that time, finalists will be asked to bring a resume and portfolio. Applicants for Fashion Design will also be asked to bring two sample garments.
- Include a portfolio of 10 examples or up to ten minutes of time-based media including, but not limited to: fine art, design, digital works, fashion design, graphic design, film, animation, illustration, storyboards, or videos.
- Write an essay: In 300 words or less, please tell us what you hope to achieve by studying Fashion Design, Film and Moving Image, or Graphic Design in the School of Design at Stevenson University.
Transfer Applicants: To be considered for a portfolio-based scholarship, students must have all application materials for university admission, including the portfolio, submitted by March 31. Learn more about applying to Stevenson at stevenson.edu/apply.
Portfolios submitted after the above deadlines will not be given consideration for talent-based scholarships.
Submitting Your Portfolio
We encourage you to submit your portfolio to Stevenson for fall 2018 scholarship consideration. Students applying via the Common Application will also be able to access our SlideRoom page directly from their Common Application.
Please see the School of Design’s portfolio page for tips, guidelines, and FAQs on putting together an art and design portfolio.
Please direct questions about the visual Arts Scholarship Program to your admissions counselor.