Emergency Assistance Grant HEERF III
Through Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III), Stevenson was allocated funds to assist students facing financial challenges caused by the COVID‐19 pandemic.
While these funds are limited, Stevenson will use Emergency Assistance Grant to assist as many Stevenson students as possible. The grant can help students cover any component of the students cost of attendance or for emergency cost that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, healthcare (including mental health care) or childcare.
All students reported at census received an Emergency Assistance Grant. The Financial Aid Office is responsible for determining eligibility based on a student’s need, resources, and documentation submitted.
Below are some FAQs to address possible questions. If you should require additional information or assistance with your request, please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 443‐334‐3200.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the deadline for requesting the HEERF III Emergency Assistance Grant?
For Fall 2021, there is no deadline or application. If you did not already receive an Emergency Grant, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
2. When will I know if I am receiving the HEERF III Emergency Assistance Grant?
The Financial Aid Office will apply all Emergency Assistance Grants by September 30 and Student Accounts sent will make all checks available by October 8.
*Students whose grants applied after September 30, 2021 received direct notification from your financial aid counselor and a system-generated email. Student Accounts will notify you within 14 days of disbursement to pick up any direct payments offered. Students who elected to have the grant applied to their bill can view the update on Student Finance.
3. How will I receive the funds from HEERF III Emergency Assistance Grant?
Student can receive their funding two ways.
- One as a direct payment to the student in the form of a check.
- Students with balances received an email on September 15 with a survey. Student can indicate on the HEERF III survey, if they would like the funds applied to an outstanding balance.
4. What if my Fall 2021 account does not reflect an Emergency Assistance grant?
Please log into webxpress and check your financial aid account. If you do not see the grant on your account please contact the financial aid office.
5. What if my Fall 2021 account has an outstanding balance due?
The HEERF III survey does allow students to designate if they would like the funding to be applied to their Student Account outstanding balance for Fall 2021.
If you have questions about paying your student account balance, please contact the Student Accounts Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 443‐334‐3500