Fourteen Stevenson Psychology students attended the 2016 Eastern Psychological Association research conference in New York City. This annual conference attracts academics from across the entire east coast to share new research and ideas in the field. We would like to thank Dr. Jeffrey Elliott in all of his diligence and patience with planning the trip, and all of the hard working students who were accepted, making Stevenson proud.
The 2015 Fall graduates have finally crossed the proverbial stage into the spotlight of the ‘real world.’ Diploma in hand, cap and gown in tow, we as a department send them away knowing they will succeed in whatever falls before them. Please join us in congratulating our Fall graduates.
Random Acts of Kindness Week at Stevenson University October 5-9, 2015
The Psychology Club, Dr. McEntee’s Positive Psychology students, Dr. Tulloch, and some additional volunteers worked together to produce a hugely successful Fall 2015 Random Acts of Kindness Week!
The Random Acts of Kindness the group included:
- Distributing 492 Candy Bags w/ Positive Quotes
- Over 2,100 Positive Post-It Notes on cars and restroom mirrors
- A great donation to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA)
- 14 “Caught Being Kind’ Awards distributed (thank you Ashley Sauerwein for designing the awards!)
- 325 sandwiches donated to Our Daily Bread (a soup kitchen in Baltimore City)
- 30 Letters to the Elderly written (operationgratitude.com and lovefortheelderly.org)
- Sidewalk Chalk Positive Quotes
An article about Dr. Ingrid Tulloch was published in the Jamaica Observer back in August!
The article provides a glimpse into Dr. Tulloch’s early life in Jamaica, her move to the U.S.A., her education, and her professional life. Dr. Tulloch’s expertise in the study of brain activity in response to drug abuse (especially methamphetamine) is also discussed.
Check out the article if you're interested in reading more.
On Monday, Stevenson’s PsychClub went to Notre Dame Prep (in Towson, MD) to meet with members of the National science Honors Club! PsychClub talked with the high school students and shared information about the club and the Psychology program....Click here to read more.