Have a Question?
Owings Mills Campus
Garrison Hall North, Second Floor
The department of Business Communication has begun to hear from our 2019 grads about their new careers. word is just starting to come in, and here's what we know so far:
- Lauren Aversa -- CC&A Strategic Media -- digital marketing assistant
- Tyler Didra -- Ulman Foundation -- 4K for Cancer summer run across the USA
- Paul Farrell -- Enterprise Holdings -- management training
- Wornden Ly -- Brook Lane Health Services, and starting work on an MBA
- Quinn Luethy -- Alderson Loop -- recruiting in IT and marketing consulting
- Lauren Novsak -- Business Volunteers of Maryland -- Nonprofit service coordinator
- Claudia Tonti -- The Modell Lyric -- Marketing and public relations coordinator
If you know of any alumni who have started a new career, please let us know! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Business Communication 2019 alum Tyler Didra, who is participating with the Baltimore team in the Ulman Foundation's 4K for Cancer run across the United States this summer, has dedicated part of her run to two members of the Business Communication family. On her left leg she wears the name of Chris Noya, much beloved faculty member of the department and the university who passed away from cancer on March 7, 2019. On her right leg, she wears the name of Bryan Read, the son of Business Communication faculty member Chip Rouse. Bryan continues to fight colon cancer.
Tyler wrote, "Today is dedicated to our Stevenson University and Business Communication friends -- Cancer may try to bring us down, but it can never kill our hope or conquer our spirit."
Tyler's run continues as the team approaches Las Vegas June 23, having begun in San Francisco a week earlier. To donate to Tyler's run, you can click here. Stay tuned for more 4K for Cancer updates.
We have a little bit of news from our Business Communication summer interns! Some of them are enrolled for credit; others are interning solely for the experience. Congratulations to them all for their hard work.
- Emma Adams is interning at Euler Hermes North America in communications and human resources.
- Tim Craig is working as a project manager intern at Shade Construction.
- Riley Hodge is interning in New York City as a business development intern at Maverick.
As she begins her 4,000-mile journey to the East coast, Business Communication alum Tyler Didra is keeping us posted about her progress. She wrote, "Today, we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge (plus an additional 97 miles). Baltimore, I’m still over 4,200 miles away, but I am on my way home."
As a program of the Ulman Foundation, a non-profit organization that changes lives by creating a community of support for young adults and their loved ones impacted by cancer, the 4K for Cancer initiative includes teams of runners (and cyclists) who will make their way across America this summer, raising money for cancer research and support. Best of luck to you, Tyler! She's in the back row, second from the left. Those who want to help out with a donation in Tyler's name can click here. (Photo from Facebook)