Business Communication alum Joe Valderas (SU 2011) has recently become involved with the First Tee Program of Baltimore by joining their Young Professionals Board. He writes, "This amazing program brings the great game of golf to Baltimore's youth and provides a wonderful mentor opportunity. Please reach out if you'd like more information and thank you in advance!"
According to its website, "The First Tee of Greater Baltimore is a character education program aimed at helping change the trajectory of Greater Baltimore youth. We teach Life Skills and Healthy Habits to youth at five different locations in Baltimore city: Clifton Park Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, Pine Ridge Golf Course, Mount Pleasant Golf Course and Carroll Park Golf Course. Through the game of golf, we have been able to
- Affect the lives of 800 youth from Baltimore City each year
- Provide scholarship opportunities and academic support through the game of golf
- Instill our Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits curriculum to each student that participates in our program
- Strengthen relationships with our community
- Provide opportunities for students to caddy at clubs in the Baltimore area." (Photo from LinkedIn)