Have a Question?
Pre-Orientation Programs are offered as a way for new students to arrive on campus early and get connected before New Student Orientation begins. Stevenson offers three optional Pre-Orientation Programs on a variety of topics and interests.
Your options include:
- Fashion Design & Merchandising: Exploring Large Brands and Vintage Stores in Baltimore
- Communication and Community: Baltimore’s rich and historic neighborhoods
- Mustang Adventures: Entertainment and Adventure in the Baltimore area and on-campus
Fashion Design & Merchandising: Exploring Large Brands and Vintage Stores in Baltimore
- Baltimore offers a number of opportunities for retail shopping, in formats large and small, and has served as home to companies such as Under Armour, Christopher Schaefer Clothing, and Treason Toting Company to name a few. Over two days, students will visit retailers, meet store managers, and tour stores in two distinct shopping areas. The first day will be spent in Harbor East, visiting Under Armour’s flagship store, Lululemon Harbor East, Brightside Boutique, and Sassanova. During the second day, students will tour smaller stores in Hampden, such as Milagro, Hunting Ground, vintage stores, and Trovh. This two-day event will orient students to the shopping culture and target market in the local area and give the students resources for retail offerings.
Communication and Community: Baltimore’s rich and historic neighborhoods
- Travel with Stevenson’s "Faculty in the Halls" mentors to tour three iconic Baltimore neighborhoods. Walk the distinct, eclectic streets of Hamden, stroll through the historic alleys in Fell's Point, and have lunch in one of Little Italy's cozy restaurants, all while learning about Baltimore's neighborhood history. This program will allow you to engage in communication about what it means to live in a community. We look forward to learning about you as we share highlights of the Stevenson and Baltimore communities.
Mustang Adventures: Entertainment and adventure in the Baltimore area and on campus
- Mustang Adventures is all about fun, adventure, and getting out of your comfort zone before beginning your SU experience. Students will engage in group activities, attend multiple off-campus trips, and make friendships that will last throughout their college career, while gaining a sneak peek of what life outside the classroom is like at SU. Previous day-trips have included ropes courses, amusement parks, local sports venues, and much more.
- Monday, August 19: Move-in for those participating in Pre-Orientation Programs (if living on campus)
- August 19-22: Pre-Orientation Programs
- August 22-25: New Student Orientation
- August 26: Classes Begin
There is a fee of $150 to participate in a Pre-Orientation program. This fee includes meals, transportation, a t-shirt, and admission fees to all outings. If you are interested in a scholarship or fee-waiver for the program, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2019.
Who can attend?
Pre-Orientation programs are open to all new students including commuters, residents, and transfers (but only resident students will have on-campus accommodations during Pre-Orientation programs).
How can I register?
How to register: Visit Eventbrite.com and search “Stevenson University Pre-Orientation” – sign ups will open on Monday, June 3rd at 10am.
How can I learn more?
Follow Student Activities on Instagram (su_studentactivities) to learn more about Pre-Orientation and New Student Orientation before arriving to campus!