Have a Question?
January 2017 New Student Registration
New Student Registration welcomes all students who are beginning at Stevenson University for the Spring 2017 semester. This half-day program is designed to help all new incoming students make a smooth transition to Stevenson. Students will register for Spring 2017 classes, connect with other students, meet faculty within their major and become familiar with important resources available on campus. You must RSVP online, priority deadline December 20, 2016, in order to secure the classes you need.
Registration, Advising and Orientation will take place January 10th and 12th as determined by major on the Owings Mills Campus.
- If the university has a delayed opening on your scheduled New Student Registration day, placement testing will begin at 11:00 a.m. and registration and orientation will begin at 12:30.
- If the university is closed due to inclement weather on your scheduled New Student Registration day, your scheduled New Student Registration program will occur the next business day.
Please refer to the Stevenson University website, local radio, television networks, or call 410-486-7000 for information on any delays and/or closings.
Questions regarding the New Student Registration can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At your New Student Registration, on either January 10 or January 12 (see majors below), you will register for classes, get your Stevenson ID, hear from faculty, learn the course requirements to earn your degree, meet fellow incoming students, and more.
New Student Registration & Orientation check-in and ID pictures will begin at 11:00 a.m. in the Brown School of Business and Leadership.
Placement testing for students required to take either English and/or Math testing will begin at 9:00 a.m. in the Brown School of Business and Leadership.
Each major is assigned to a particular date as listed below. Please make every effort to participate on your assigned day. If you are unable to attend, please indicate this on the online RSVP form, and we will contact you with options.
All Registration Sessions will be held on the Owings Mills Campus
Tuesday January 10, 2017
Brown School of Business and Leadership
|Business Information Systems|
|Computer Information Systems|
School of Design
|Film and Moving Image|
|Visual Communication Design|
School of Education
|Early Childhood Education|
|Middle School Education|
Note: If inclement weather forces the University to close, the make-up date will be January 13, 2017. In the event of a delay, please check the University’s website at stevenson.edu or call 410-486-7001.
Thursday January 12, 2017
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
|English Language and Literature|
|Theatre and Media Performance|
Beverly K. Fine School of the Sciences
Sandra R. Berman School of Nursing and Health Professions
|Medical Laboratory Science|
|Nursing Intent (Transfers)|
|Note: If inclement weather forces the University to close, the make-up date will be January 13, 2017. In the event of a delay, please check the University's website at stevenson.edu or call 410-486-7001.|
You have RSVP’d for Registration Day…now what? Below, you will find your “next steps” to ensure your full preparation for the start of the Spring 2017 semester.
- For all new students entering in fall, pay your tuition bill in full by January 19th. Contact Student Accounts at 443-334-3500 and Financial Aid at 443-334-3200 with any questions.
- If you wish to live on campus, please complete the Enrollment Intent and Housing Reservation forms. Submit these forms with your deposit by December 1. Questions about on-campus housing, may be directed to the Office of Residence Life at 443-352-4011. Deposited students, who are cleared by student accounts, will be invited to move onto campus Sunday January 22nd. Details will be mailed to deposited students in December.
- If you need to make any changes to your Spring 2017 class schedule, after registration has been completed, contact the Registrar’s Office at 443-334-2206.
- If you have transfer credits not previously submitted, have those transcripts forwarded to Stevenson University Admissions Office 100 Campus Circle Owings Mills, MD 21117.
- Buy required textbooks and necessary school supplies. Contact the University Store at 443-334-2242 with any questions and read the New Student Guide to Buying Books.
- Submit required health forms. Contact the Wellness Center at 443-352-4200 with any questions or visit the website.
- Register for SU-Alerts & OPT-In.
- Learn about campus student organizations and athletic teams.
- Classes start on Monday, January 23, 2017!
1. What is New Student Registration?
New Student Registration welcomes all new students who are beginning at Stevenson University for the Spring 2017 semester. This half-day orientation program is designed to help all new incoming students make a smooth transition to Stevenson.
2. How do I register for New Student Registration?
To register for New Student Registration, click RSVP online, and enter your student ID number. If you have questions about your student ID number, please contact Admissions at 410-486-7001 (local) or 1-877-468-6852 (toll free).
3. Is New Student Registration mandatory?
Yes, New Student Registration is mandatory for all new students at Stevenson University. This day is especially designed to help in your transition and to begin your orientation process that will continue through your first year.
4. Is there a cost associated with New Student Registration?
No, there is no cost to attend New Student Registration. A continental breakfast, lunch, and materials will be provided to you by the University.
5. What if I cannot attend my scheduled New Student Registration?
Please continue with the online RSVP process and indicate that you are unable to attend. We will contact you with the option of attending January 18th.
6. What should I bring with me to New Student Registration?
If you have any paperwork (transcripts, health forms, etc.) that needs to be submitted to the university, you should bring this with you. Also, students should bring identification, for example, driver’s license or other official picture ID.
7. Can I bring someone with me?
Students may consider bringing a parent/guardian/family member with them to registration. Due to space limitations, we kindly request that a student bring no more than 2 accompanied guests. Please keep in mind that any guests will be in different sessions than students and will reconnect during check-out; we will have a schedule specifically for all guests.
8. What can I expect to experience at New Student Registration?
Students can expect to meet faculty in their major, current students, and other incoming students. You can also expect to learn about important campus resources that will aid in your success, receive your spring 2017 class schedule, and your Stevenson University ID (SUOne) card. Finally, students and their guests can expect to have their questions answered so that you will feel prepared to begin school in January!
9. Will I get a campus tour during New Student Registration?
If you would like a campus tour, please be sure to sign up at the Check-in table.
10. I am coming from out of town for New Student Registration. Can you suggest any lodging?
- DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North Pikesville - 1726 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville
- Ramada Baltimore West - 1721 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville
- Hampton Inn Owings Mills - 10521 Red Run Boulevard, Owings Mills
- Hyatt Place Owings Mills - 4730 Painters Mills Road
- Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills - 4770 Owings Mills Blvd